Greatest Fighter Pilot in World War II..... UPDATED (1 Viewer)

Greatest Fighter Pilot in World War II.....

• Hiroyoshi Nishizawa, 87 Kills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Johnson, 38 Kills

• Dick Bong, 40 Kills

• Thomas McGuire, 38 Kills

• Ivan Kozhedub, 62 Kills

• Georg-Peter Eder, 78 Kills

• Adolf Galland, 104 Kills

• Erich Rudorffer, 224 Kills

• Heinz Bar, 221 Kills

• Heinz Schnaufer, 121 NF Kills

• Josef Priller, 101 Kills

• Erich Hartmann, 352 Kills

• Walter Nowotny, 259 Kills

• Heinrich Bartles, 99 Kills

• Hans-Joachim Marseille, 158 Kills

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... Here we go sportsfans....

Heres alittle juice on each guy....

1 ) Hiroyoshi Nishizawa JAP, 87 Kills, Claimed 184 Kills
2 ) James Johnson British, 38 Kills, Leading British Ace
3 ) Dick Bong USA, 40 Kills, Leading American Ace
4 ) Thomas McGuire USA, 38 Kills, Runner Up
5 ) Ivan Kozhedub USSR, 62 Kills, Allied Leading Ace
6 ) Georg-Peter Eder 78 Kills, 10 X P-47's, 7 X P-51's, 3 X P-38's, 36 X Bombers, 55 American Kills, 24 X Kills in an Me-262....
7 ) Adolf Galland 104 Kills, 50 X Spits, 7 Kills in Me-262....
8 ) Erich Rudorffer 224 Kills, 40 X Spits, 58 X IL2's, 10 X Bombers (86 Kills West, 138 Kills East) 12 Kills in an Me-262......
9 ) Heinz Bar 221 Kills, 10 X P-51's, 10 X P-47's, 4 x P-38's, 21 x Bombers(125 kills West, 96 Kills East) 52 American Kills....
10 ) Heinz Schnaufer 121 NightFighter Kills, 114 X Bombers
11 ) Josef Priller 101 Kills, 69 X Spits, 11 X Bombers
12 ) Erich Hartmann 352 Kills, 6 X P-51's, 30 x IL2's
13 ) Walter Nowotny 259 Kills, 24 X IL2's, 3 Kills in Me-262......
14 ) Heinrich Bartels 99 Kills, 14 X P-38's, 11 X P-51's, 9 X P-47's
15 ) Hans Marseille 158 Kills, 20 X Spits, A total of 17 aircraft shot down on this day...
01 Sep 42....... Victories 105 thru 121.......
Times of Each Kill:
0828, 0830, 0833, 0839, 1055, 1056, 1058, 1059, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1105, 1846, 1847, 1848, 1849, 1853.........

I voted for Ivan Kozhedub, as I always do.... Under unbelievable odds, the man shot down more planes than any Allied pilot...

In an inferior plane....

During WWII, Kozhedub flew 326 combat missions, took part in 126 aerial combats, and achieved 62 kills (22 X FW 190's and 18 X Ju 87's).... The planes he flew were La-5 FN La-7 fighters......

During the Korean War, he displayed exceptional leadership, his unit claiming 207 U.N. aircraft destroyed for the loss of 27 MiG-15's in combat and 9 pilots...... He later rose to Air Marshal and was assigned as an Inspector of the Soviet Ministry of Defense....

He was awarded with The Lenin Order (three times), The Red Banner Order (seven times), and The Red Star Order (twice)........

Rudorffer's kills are suspect. Priller took a command position, Marseille was killed to early in his life so he should not be up there, as there is no way we could tell what his socre could of been in the defence of the Reich.

Ivan of course is the definate for the Soviets.

Schnaufer I could conceivably see with his scoring but that is about it as there some unknown that were quite good and night combat.

Still think Bär is the man due to his service on both fronts, his amount of kills and his knack of superior flying inseveral types of a/c

Kozhedub, was he the one who got jumped by two Mustangs while in a La-7 and shot them both down or chased them off?

I read about a Russian pilot flying a P-39 (I dont know who) but he got jumped by 6 109's, shot down 2 and scared the otheres off...incredible...

I'm not sure I would classify the La-5 and -7 as inferior fighters. I consider them to be the best the Soviets produced.

I voted for Galland and would also will vote for Nowotny because i think both of them were some of the best pilots germany had, also were skilled, intrepid, fearless and they designed tactics for the 262.
Also they were part of the most valuable Luftwaffe's squads.
They we honored by flying them because of their amazing records flying almost any fighter the Lutwaffe had.

Kozhedub, was he the one who got jumped by two Mustangs while in a La-7 and shot them both down or chased them off?
Yes it was Kozhedub, and he shot both of them down....
I read about a Russian pilot flying a P-39 (I dont know who) but he got jumped by 6 109's, shot down 2 and scared the otheres off...incredible...
I read something similar about that as well.... There were many acts like that.... Ill see what i can come up with...

friends please check the painting by Jerry Crandall of Ivan's a/c when he downed the Me 262.

www.eagle-editions.com

wil have to get on the site by clicking the P-47 razorback and then go to aviation prints. go though slowly and you will find Ivan's sharp looking painting. I have seen one of these back in ? 1992, incredible close-up as the scan does not do any of Jerry's work justice.

two centos

I agree with lesofprimus
Marseille was a great pilot and he was rising his potential when he died.
If he had survived the war he surely would be the best pilot in Germany.

although he was the Stern of Afrika you are gestimating at Marseilles possible rise till war's end. There is at least a 50 to 85 % he would of been killed in action with P-51's,. I've done a pretty intense research on all the gruppen of Jg 27 from 1944 till war's end, and can tell you that it was quite a rarity for any of the Alte Hase to survive through the fall of 1944 having been in JG 27 sicne Russia and Afrika. Jg 27 was bascially wiped out several times during the Reichsverteidigung

v/r

But the fact remains that he was facing tougher opposition than many of his Eastern Front colleagues and 154 of his 158 victories were over enemy fighters. 17 in one day is incredible. And the situations surrounding his kills are just as impressive. Just as impressive, in my estimation, is the fact that he twice risked AA fire just to drop a note containing information on a British pilot he had shot down.

lesofprimus said:
Yes it was Kozhedub, and he shot both of them down....
I read something similar about that as well.... There were many acts like that.... Ill see what i can come up with...

I still have to wonder if they indeed bounced him, or he bounced them and this was the cover story. We are only hearing one side of it and they had soooooo much motive to lie about the incident I cannot really consider it credible. I'd love to see guncam footage on this one.

=S=

Lunatic

Is that because you believe an American can't do wrong? It's the Soviet that was in the wrong, never the American. ;) :lol:

LG, Marseille's multiple scores of 17 on one day are not cross checked with the RAF group that he and his buddies tangled with. they are not confirmed. Marseille as with 9/10's of JG 27 would of been shot down if not killed during 1944...............period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back