Greeting from 907

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lawdawg

Recruit
Mar 13, 2009
Good afternoon from Ft. Richardson Alaska.
I am on duty as we speak. Just found out about this place and am thankful to be able to be here. I have been a "plane nut" my whole life and love all birds..however I like the older ones a lot as they have a purity and character that is unequaled elsewhere IMHO.
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet...

Aviation Video: P-47 Thunderbolt | Patrick's Aviation

enjoy either way and have an awesome day.
Chad (PANC)

Welcome to the forum. What is your MOS. I was a 15T and was supposed to be stationed up in Alaska, but they decided to cancel my orders and stop move me instead for Iraq.

Love Alaska though. Me and the wife are moving to the Anchorage area later this year or early next year.

Thank you all for a warm welcome. It is very cool to see all who are here from many places.
I am employed by the State of Alaska and work for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) now. We have a small team that keeps the interests of the National Guard here secure. I was in law enforcement for several years prior.
I look forward to being here and learning as time goes by.
Thank you again....cheers!

Welcome lawdawg!

I retired from the Michigan Army National Guard in January. I do miss going to drills and being with such super people! So I am glad you are helping them!

I haven't been to Alsaka. I have been many places with both the Active Air Force and Guard.

I was a 31F. That is a SEN/Node Center Operator in the Signal Corps (the birth place of the Air Force). I was a SEN Operator in Iraq. That was for me good duty.

So again, welcome from Michigan! And thanks for serving up there!

Bill G.

Thanks Bill.
My partner on the O' dark hundred shift was full time Army back in the day, was a nuke guy and now we keep each other entertained on a nightly basis, one week on/off.
Good times yes sir. Serving those who serve. Hooah!

Right ON! Alaska..always wanted to move up your way..beautiful. Don't think hubby could stand the cold there, anymore..

Welcome to the forum. :D

Hello, welcome and thanks for that vid. I love that stuff. I'm new here too. But I have been to AK. I spent 3 separate 30 day TDYs there at Eielson Air Force Base back in the '70s. That was near Fairbanks. As a crew chief prepping an airplane for flight and performing maintenance at sub-zero temps I have to say it was a challenge and experience I'll never forget. Beautiful place, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back