Greeting tis I, Chief! No body even close to important.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chief

Senior Airman
Jul 12, 2006
8) Hey, the names Mark, but on here call me chief.
I'm 19 currently in college. Enrolled at Lancaster Bible College. Gonna be a Youth Minister. I grew up in North East Philly. Don't worry I only got jumped once in the middle of my elementary school while surrounded by aids (adult schoolyard Monitors (Yeah right)), but nothing to serious.

I've always been interested in planes, guns, and tanks. Anything that fights though most of all planes. While I sat in church as a wee lad. I would draw sketches on the back of the attendance books. They weren't good, but I was fascinated by planes. Though after a while I had to put that love a side for a bit for school. Now that I have sometime I'm gonna try to get back into it as a hobby or something. I still have a lot to learn. So far I'm only part decent in aerodynamics. My big problems are everything else including grammar. As far as US Military history I'm not half bad. I may not win in many contests but I'll at least hold my own. And yes that does mean I'm a warmonger. You shoot me and I will stuff you worthless corpse in a cannon and fertilize the landscape with you. :twisted:

I myself am not in the military but I am seriously considering joining some service. War is in my blood. My family has been in everywar since the civil war. In civil war, I'm not sure about this I'm still lookin' into it, On my mothers grandfather's last name was Mulholland. His ancestor fought in the Civil War and was believed to be a Lt. Col., in an Irish brigade, and thought to have fought in many battles including the battle of Chancellorsville.
Unfortunately, mothers grandfather on his way home after WW2.

There is a good WW2 story from my father's side. My fathers uncle Jack(Gunny) was stranded on an island with is company. They stayed in a cave for days. Well one day a U.S. boat came to rescue them. Uncle Jack didn't know. He was ready for them. He comes running out duel wielding a pair of 50Cal's. guns a blazing, shouting.(one in each hand obviously) "You may take me out, but I'll take out my fair share of you before you do!" The US sailors then immediately start waving a white flag (something white) shouting back "Don't shoot! Don't shoot! We're Americans you dope!" Uncle Jack of course break down and cries after that.
My father was lucky somewhat. He was nearly sent to Vietnam. Luckily he new somebody who was able to get him stationed in alaska. He said they had crab a lot. Problem he ate so many he got sick of them. Hasn't eaten one since. (Weakling)

No I'm not bragging, I'm just breaking the Ice. Thou I never get tired of the Uncle jack story.

Finally let me say this. treat me with respect and I will treat you with respect. However, I have been known to go to far with my sarcastic comments, so on advance I apologize for anything I say that might offend you. Though I must say a word of advise, We'd all get along if some people would juST SUCK IT UP! :cry: You must have a sense of humor here otherwise. You and me won't get along. What I mean is, I don't discriminate with my tongue lashings so don't feel bad. I'm not singling anybody out it's just how I am. With that said, I'm happy to be on board this site and hope to have a marvelous stay. :twisted:

Chief said:
8)And yes that does mean I'm a warmonger. You shoot me and I will stuff you worthless corpse in a cannon and fertilize the landscape with you.

War is in my blood.

Oh boy another P-38 Pilot....

You sure about that? Myself and several other members on this site can tell you, war aint pretty and it aint what you see in the movies.

and i seriously doubt it's possible to run about with a .50cal in each hand firing is it? and how could he've heard the shouting over the gunfire? maybe he was exaggerating somewhat?

and don't worry about you getting annoyed and loosing it sometimes, you'll get an *** whopping, we suggest you take the time to read up and see how things work around here.......

Chief said:
8) He was ready for them. He comes running out duel wielding a pair of 50Cal's. guns a blazing, shouting.(one in each hand obviously)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must have skipped over that part while I was getting annoyed by a kid who thinks war is great and they have "war in there blood".

Got news for you buddy, but you can not fire a .50 cal machine gun with one hand. As a matter of fact it has to be mounted to something. You fire it from the hip and you will be out cold. Now that is with one, try with two and my bet is you will die.

They weigh over a hundred pounds as well with the barrell and the reciever so he would not be carrying one with one hand and another in the other. In the army one takes the barrel, the other the reciever, and the other tripod.

Other proof that it does not work, because we tried to fire it from our Blackhawks and it caused cracks in the side of the airframe. Now picture what it will do when you fire from you hand, if you could even lift it like that and run! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man he told you a good story. A "NO **** THERE I WAS STORY!:"

Mine allways starts out like this:

NO **** THERE I WAS. INVERTED SLING LOAD FROM MY BLACKHAWK, AIR MEDALS DANGLING IN MY FACE, SINGLE ENGINE, TAIL ROTOR PADDLES CUT IN HALF, CO PILOT AND LEFT CREWCHIEF DEAD....

Looks like Chief and P38 Pilot have the same wet dreams....

Well I read over this post by "Chief" again and I had to comment on this one as well.

Chief said:
I must say a word of advise, We'd all get along if some people would juST SUCK IT UP! You must have a sense of humor here otherwise. You and me won't get along. What I mean is, I don't discriminate with my tongue lashings so don't feel bad. I'm not singling anybody out it's just how I am.

Got more news for you buddy. You obviously did not go and figure out how things are on this forum. You dont go and make your first post saying you will kick everyones *** with your words.

If you want respect you have to earn it first...

Also as a moderator here, dont give me any crap with your tounge, Ill give it back to you and you wont like it...

Watch out for Les too, your lucky he is not around right now.

Boy I think it is funny when 19 year old kids still living off there parents income, come up in here knowing everything. They normally get knocked down real quick.

Oh and by the way Chief, I will tell you agian that is not possible to carry .50 Cals like that. Here some info on the .50 to let you know:

Length 1,650 mm (65 in)
Barrel length 1,140 mm (44 7/8 in)
Weight 38 kg (58 kg w/ tripod)

all right point taken guys. I probably mis-understood my father and I'll look into it. He may not have duel wielded 2 x 50 Cals. But I know for darn shore he didn't run out to get into a shouting match. I know he used machine guns of some sort obviously. He had to used something also note the part about the flag.

Also I'm not some dumb prick who thinks war is everthing they tell you in movies. I understand fully that war is hell. When I said, "war is in my blood" I chose the wrong words. What I should have said was, my family's played a good part in countries history. I'm not saying no one else's family didn't play a part nor that my family's better than yours. I'm just stating the fact that my family made many contrabutions in the defense of this country and I'm proud of the fact. I am not that naive enough to still think I'm invincible to everything. I wouldn't say I absolutely love war. But when someone comes up and threatens/tries to harm me or my family I will do everthing in my power to keep that from happening even if it means my death.
I don't want glory and riches. I just want a home to come home to even if I can't be there to come back.

The thing with the blowing corpses out of cannon was a joke. It's just my extreme way of saying I don't fire until fired upon.

Also note, your stranded on a deserted island. Your men are low on supplies and ammo. You have no idea what's gonna happen next. You could get lucky and get rescued by close by navy vessel. On the other hand you could be found by the enemy. In that situation: you and your men get captured and tortured, that's if they don't decide to just kill you on the spot to spare extra luggage. Just as likely you could be stuck there to fend for yourself ultimately dieing from the elemants. Your adrenaline is raising. This is where the human survival instinct comes in. You could with in reason do numerous thing completely impossible except in that situation. You can't let your men die. All though I do agree that duel 50 cals is a little extreme to. I'm sure you guys have somewhat exaggerated stories of your family to so don't yell at me for mine.

I do understand that I need to earn the respect of the people here and I'll respect you. I just tend to have a mig mouth and a little brain at times. My point was that I'm not gonna just let you walk all over me just because I'm 19. I believe when you're old enough to DIE for your country you re old enough to be an adult. Regardless of what other people think.

Last but not least, your welcome for the laugh WildCat. It's what I'm here for. But what the heck is that thing.:shock: Is that suppose to be you laughing or having a seizure. What ever it is it's creeping me out man seriously.

did i ever tell you guys just possibly our greatest family tale? it's the legend of "sheep-crook" Mc Farland, my one of my great great grandads on my dad's side ;)

anyway legend has it is was a cold, wet day out on the moor, and because of the rain the sheep were begginging to shrink (on account of the fact they're made of wool) so, as no one else was willing to go out and bring them in, he stood up and said, and his exact words were

But when someone comes up and threatens/tries to harm me or my sheep I will do everthing in my power to keep that from happening even if it means my death.
I don't want glory and riches. I just want a home to come home to even if I can't be there to come back.

and this bit is not a word of a lie, he actually bought in all, yes, 300 sheep by himself! no sh*t! this story has been passed down from generation to generation and good ol' Mc Farland is now a legend! :salute: man i love family stories :love7:

ok so i made it all up, i just wanted to poke some fun :toothy5:

Chief no one was making fun of your family, nor was anyone saying anything about your families tradition in the military. My family has a rich tradition in the military both in the US Army and the German Army from the beaches of Normandy to Stalingrad to Korea to Vietnam to Desert Storm and finally myself in Iraqi Freedom. Having said that I would never make fun of someone for there families tradition.

I think people were picking on you because of the way you came off, you dont have to come in that way into this forum especially on your first post.

Now having said that I Welcome you to this forum and hope you enjoy your stay.

my sugestion Chief to familiarize yourself here and the membership especially the mods is to go through many of the old threads and archiv's. you'll learn much through some subtleties who we are and then again maybe you won't for good reason ..........

I'd appreciate if your half-cocked attitude would change please, at 19 yrs you have much to learn about life and WW 2

Yes and thank you. Like I said before I apologize right now if I say something overly critical and offensive to anyone. Being overly sarcastic and going to far has been a habit in my family. For example, my grandmother was poking fun about the flaws of a train while on a septa in philly. There was a girl who was afraid of trains. Started balling. She apologized but that's an example of how bad my family is. That is unless most of you here are that way then were gonna have so much fun.:D

I think I see a train wreck happening there "Chief". I would very careful how you talk to people here. Just a friendly warning, but do what you like if you want. Heck it could be amusing to watch.

Hey I didn't say I would do it everyday. I don't get that bad evey 30 sec. I can control myself pretty good now. It's when a board get's out of hand is when I like to say something to make people ease up. Nothing bad really. Just things totally irrelevant yet relevant. Like the worst plane of WW2. Say some guys were getting into a brawl. I would find a picture of a guy swan diving off the wing of a plane with nothing but a flight suit with winggs attacked to his arms. Stating that he was the worst aircraft of WW2.

OH and an M1911A1 in a holster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back