Ground Support (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sluff

Airman
73
44
Nov 7, 2025
Would airfield support vehicles (tanker,bomb truck, crew transport) have had the red/amber corner refectors fitted. I'm talking 8th/9th AF in England, late 43-44. From what I know they were easily removable. Im thinking by that time collision avoidance would trump light security. (I could see 9th AF/ Army vehicles on the continent after Overlord not wanting anything shiny.) Period photos show the mounts but cant tell if the lenses are in. Also, lens colors? I seem to remember red on rear corners, amber ones on forward corners (or is that DOT/OSHA drivel?) Lastly, the fuel tankers had a large CO2 extinguisher mounted on the front, passanger side , tanker body. OD or Red?
vmmv-cckw-107w-1.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back