**** GROUP BUILD #11 Aircraft of the ACES Winners - JUDGED COMPETITION ****

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
*** GROUP BUILD #11 "Aircraft of the ACES" – Winners - JUDGED COMPETITION ***

The judging and tallying of the votes for Group Build #11 has been completed, Sorry for the delay in getting these results posted, regrettably some work schedules slowed the process….

As most of you know we have 3 categories for this Build : Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced... and as you hopefully know there is also a Member's Choice Poll that allows you to select a 'Personal' favourite from the bunch.

Without further delay, Here are the Winners for GB 11:

Category 1 Beginner / Novice / Casual CATEGORY. We had 9 completed entries in this Section from 7 Members.

The 1st Place in this Category is Nino : GAK with his 1/48 Fw190A-4 of Hermann Graf
The 2nd Place in this Category is Andy : Andy70 with his 1/48 P-47M Thunderbolt of Lt. Russ Kyler.
The 3rd Place in this Category is Catch22 with his 1/32 Nakajima Ki-84 of Major Koki Kawamoto .

Category 2 Intermediate / Casual CATEGORY. We had 10 completed entries in this section from 7 Members

The 1st Place in this Category is Glenn : T Bolt with his 1/48 P-51-D Mustang of Lt. Col. E B Giller .
The 2nd Place in this Category is Stephane : le_steph40 for his 1/48 Fw190A-8 of Maj. Walter Dahl .
The 3rd Place in this Category is Glenn : T Bolt with his 1/48 Mk.VIII Spitfire of Lt. L P Molland .

Category 3 Experienced / Expert CATEGORY. We had only 1 member represented here.

The 1st Place in this Category is Peter : Ozhawk with his 1/48 P-40E-1 of S/L Keith Truscott.

Would love to see some more of you Guys step up and give Peter a run for his money in the Experienced category, he is a lonely figure up there by himself…

So…CONGRATULATIONS to Nino, Glenn and Peter and also the second and Third place getters.

A BIG Thankyou to all who found the time to participate in this Build.

Overall we had a great range of models presented by our members and judging was by no means easy.
We appreciate the time and effort put in by all participants at the various levels, and the outstanding exchange of Information, Hints, Tips, Parts and Decals to those who required something to help their project.
Please continue to support the Group Builds in any way you can whether you build something or just enjoy watching others do their stuff!
We want this to be a friendly atmosphere and above all…..have FUN !

Thanks…The Judging Panel.

WOW! Thank you judges and all the members! This is a great surprise and a motivation for further work. Like I said before I won't be able to do any models this year, but in 2013 I'm sure to participate in all the GB's that I can and to move up in Advanced category!! Thanks guys! :)

Last edited:
Well done to all the winners and to all who participated, it was great to see such a good turn out even if some of you were unable to make the final run.

Also my apologies for being so late, only just got the internet back after intermittent dropouts for the past couple of weeks and a total fallout yesterday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back