Group Build #3 MTO Guidelines (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Here's the guidelines for Group Build No 3, The Mediterranean Theatre of Operations.
Please read and digest. Any questions, please ask!
Terry.

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - Group Build Guidelines MTO.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 202
Might get 1 or 2 done for this one given my timetable is a little kinda this semester. Trying to get the Wildcat and Corsair done for the moment though.

Thanks Terry well written and concise!

Cheers.

Thanks Cory. Thought I'd include the map, just in case some people didn't know where the 'Med' is.........!
BTW, the map is the actual area of conflict, and does not include, for example, 'ferry' bases, such as Takoradi, Ghana, used for ferrying aircraft to the front etc.
For this GB, it's again a large geographical area, and the longest time span to date - one month short of 5 years! So, there should be plenty of diverse subjects to have a go at!!

Last edited:
I knew/know where it was, I just didn't know the exact boundaries of the theater, for the purposes of this build.

And yes, there's a lot of cool things that can be done. Spits and Hurricanes with air filters, hopefully one of Marseilles' birds will pop up! I tried to get one, but couldn't get my hands on a tropical F or early G at a reasonable price, the only one I've seen was $50 in 1/48! I ended up with the Henschel instead.

Last edited:
My night job start up again in Sept. I do not know if I will be able to play in this one. I have my eye on a little German biplane and a glider.

DBII

For my first participation in the Group Build I've decided to stick to the basics and go with two entries: Revell's 1/72 kit of Hurricane Mk IIC/Trop of No 351 (Yugoslav) Squadron RAF in desert camouflage and with red star Yugoslav Partisan markings and scratch build (wood/metal) Messerschmitt Bf 109E (probably of III/JG 77 over Crete, but haven't decided yet). Maybe I'll trow in one more Italian bird later, but for now Hurricane and Emil will be my official starting entries.

I am going to try and complete two aircraft for this build - that's ambitious for me!

Both subjects will be 350th Fighter Group subjects, a Eduard 1/48 P-39N 42-18393 and a Tamiya 1/48 P-47D in NMF (no decision on markings yet).

Spent the last couple of weeks doing research gathering pics and getting organised, and I'm looking forward to starting. Lots of interesting subjects, this build should be really good. 8)

Cheers

Peter

Sounds like there's already going to be some nice subjects here, great stuff!
That sounds like a heck of a lot for a 1/48th scale kit Cory. Would you like me to check out how much I can get one for and post it to you, rather than the mail order place do it? Might work out cheaper. Prices here range from around £9 to £18, depending on manufacturer, and postage would be about another £5 to £8, depending on the size of the box! Let me know if this appeals, and if you have any preference on kits. The Airfix '109F isn't at all bad, and has the trop filter and JG27 decals, although the canopy is a one piece moulding, but, if you want it, I already have a canopy from this kit which I'd cut open and never used.

If it's not too much of a hassle, why not take a look for me, it'd be appreciated. I've been "spoiled" by the Hasegawa/Tamiya kits, so that would be my preference. But I will say now that I don't know if I will actually get it for a couple reasons. The first is that my mom's put a blockade around the house for any new models until I'm finished the ones I've got ( :lol: ) and the second is that I was planning on using the down-time between GBs to build my USS Franklin while the weather was still decent.

Still working the Zero myself want to finish that one.I am going to go for the MC205 by Tauro Models got some nice colorful camo patterns. I also thought just maybe the F-6A Mustang in Brit markings by Accurate Minatures both are 1/48.Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back