Had it, loved it, sold it...now what?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
The Speed Triple has been sold on. Why? Too physically small and killed my knees and wrists. :(

Have to have a rethink and get something I fit in (on)...ummm.

Bloody alloy frames. :evil:

You know you want to!

70TriTR6C-l0_zps60a7ede9.jpg

3 words, Harley Road King. If you can't fit on one of those, you can't fit on anything. OK, that was more that 3 words.

Ive had a Electra Glide Superglide in a previous life.

Great fun but,too expensive for me at the moment..:oops:

The criteria is cheap, I fit it, cheap, fun, cheap, fast. cheap... :)

Ive had a Electra Glide Superglide in a previous life.

Great fun but,too expensive for me at the moment..:oops:

The criteria is cheap, I fit it, cheap, fun, cheap, fast. cheap... :)
With a lack of so long as straight as yours roads, higher legal speeds, the need to be able to turn around in under 3 meters, to get around a corner without going below 40mph (if it has footboards), the need to brake quickly for in-attentive school kids, pedestrian 'jay walkers', cyclists who ignore road laws any myopic car drivers etc. Let alone the spare parts cost, the usual H-D option in UK is more for the... rich, famous, 'fashion is life' idiots and those that like the challenge of heavy and under-developed tech-ed machinery that makes passers by stare in marketing hype induced feelings of grandure.

Although they do look 'nostalgic' snd are amazingly sold in a myriad of versions and subtle era styles, they do hold onto their worth better than a 'celibate' father holds onto his own flocks children.
Naturally the above rant, excludes the H-D V-Rod, which can handle and stop better than any other earlier H-D, can get around 'real' corners at speeds greater than 50mph, and has the most advanced motorcycle engine ever made in-comparison to all other previous H-D motors, which was co-designed developed by Porche.

I suppose the Rocket III is too big pricey and certainly more powerful than the Speed Triple (old 90's, the 595/509 type or the newest 675 base?),
...mmm, possible options might include the Triumph Boniville/Thruxton/Speedmaster, a road based 'adventurer' like a BMW GS800, Honda Trans Alp, Kawasaki KL650, or others like the Kawasaki ER-5 or ER-6, or even a older GPz-500R perhaps, to ease those cramping calfs and the pocket rocket. hunchback?

Last edited:
Razor,
The HD thing is good, the social life great and the pose factor priceless.
To be honest my HD's were the mid life crisis...
But, as a bikers bike they are hopeless.
There are others I would have over a HD.
I never fancied a trail bike, I'd like another Suzuki GT550 or 750 two stroke or an early GS 750 or 1000.
Yep, I like Suzuki's :)

They make good bikes, with even greater gearboxes, oh and they sold their alto/swift mini-car designs to Vauxhall; 'Aguila'. but with a GM engine. gearbox EFI (sobs).
About 1999 I almost got myself a then new SV650, but I managed to put my foot down doing the test - everything else perfect enough, but still an instant fail. Now I am hoping to get the new A2/Direct Access test, once I've saved up.

mmm a H2 would be cool, though methings the vibes would give you not only 'white finger', but also 'white toes' too. Now a slightly tuned H2 or H1 motor in a beefier/new frame, modern suspension, rubber, and an isolastic style mounted engine.....?
The Suzi' GS's are pretty good still, hunting a reasonable one could take some time, but certainly the shafted GS750 should be largely less rung to within a shim of its needed services by the average user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back