Hail and well met!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Astaldo711

Airman
Sep 11, 2009
Clifton, NJ
I wanted to find a good resource for military aircraft of WW2 so I searched for WW2 Aircraft and this was the first website that came up! Very nice! I've been interested in WW2 aviation for most of my life. My dad was in the 8th AF during WW2. Never too clear on his position though. He had a stroke when I was very young and couldn't communicate very well. I know he was a tech sergeant and had to do with communications. I do recall him showing me a picture of a plane in flight. It was a small, grainy black and white picture and there where what appeared to be tracers all around it. He said he took the picture when he was on a B-17 as the radio man. My older sister said the closest my dad got to the enemy was a german cow. He passed away in '97 so I'll never now for sure.
I used to build models but now it's mostly books and flight sims. I absolutely love WW2 aviation!

Thanks for the warm welcome! The pics I have are basically just my dad in his uniform overseas. If that's okay I'll try and upload some.

I just wanted to upload a couple of images of my dad who served in the 8th AF during WW2. I don't know where to post so I put them here. Sorry if I'm wrong. His base was High Wycombe (not sure of spelling) attached to a B-17 squadron. He absolutely loved England and Scotland but never got a chance to go back.

Attachments

• scan0029.jpg
    scan0029.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 68
  • scan0037.jpg
    scan0037.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 68
welcome to the sight.

Try looking for the 8th airforce website to see if they have a searchable database.

this is the one from the 15th airforce. Try typing in his name and see if anything comes up. Sometimes squadrons would be attached to other groups for missions.

Maybe the 8th has something like this you could use to find out more info. The people here are great. If you can come up with more info or even the photo of that plane- people here could help put pieces together.

Astaldo,
can you post or send me a PM with your father´s name? I know one guy who´s in touch with 8th USAAF historian.
Where do you live in NJ? Got a friend in So. Plainfield. He´s former 15th USAAF member.
And welcome aboard and greeting from the Czech Republic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back