Halifax invaded!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer

Captain
Nov 11, 2004
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The French carrier Charles de Gaulle, along with two French destroyers, a supply ship, and a Rubis Class attack sub, are in town for the weekend along with the British destroyer HMS Nottingham. As I type, downtown Halifax is being plundered by over 3000 horny French and British sailors. :shock:

The zoom on my camera isn't the best, so you can't really see the Rafale fighters parked on deck. Too bad. I had to take the pic of Nottingham from just outside the naval dockyard and so you can't see the two French destroyers berthed on the other side of the jetty. Forget about the attack sub! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• hms_nottingham_at_halifax_1_111.jpg
    hms_nottingham_at_halifax_1_111.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 153
  • charles_de_gaulle_at_halifax_2_188.jpg
    charles_de_gaulle_at_halifax_2_188.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 130
  • charles_de_gaulle_at_halifax_1_139.jpg
    charles_de_gaulle_at_halifax_1_139.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 146
Did the French surrender once in port? Is it true that the bottom of their ships are glass? :rolleyes:

Hey, that link was great, What Snapperheads!

You know NS - I remember walking in the same area where you took those photos, especially the first one, shoot - that was 20 years ago!

I was hoping you were going to answer my question about the French ships having glass bottoms, so I could reply with my whimsical punch line!

You never hear much abuot there navy. How large is it and what is it made up of? Please dont laugh this is a serious question.

I honestly don't know off the top of my head. I'm not that big into France either. :rolleyes:
I do know that they have some of, if not the, best ASW frigates in the world.
Just check out some French Navy websites.

French sonar equipment is probably the world's best, and the design of the frigates (I forget the class name) places the heavy noise generating gear, like engines and such, above the waterline. It makes them very, very quiet to a submarine. We hate 'em. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back