Halifax Z5N

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Z5N

Recruit
May 27, 2006
Hi All. This is my first post on this forum. I am ,as part of some ongoing research on my fathers aircraft, looking for a photograph of Halifax Z5N which was based at Foulsham airfield and lost on January 6. th 1945. The photograph shows the crew assembled under the port wing, i believe , of Z5N. It was flown by P/O Mervyn Rohrlach and lost with 7 of its 8 crew over Belgium at 530 pm on the 6 th . This was not an official photograph but i have had confirmation of its existance in the last week, but was lost by the researcher due to a computer failure. I am also hoping to find the official crew photo. The crew were Squadron 462 no' 48. I hope someone can help. This is the final piece of the puzzle!!!!!!
Cheers John Lawrence

Hi !!!
There is a pic of Halifax B Mk.III Z5 N I've found in The Squadron/Signal Publication Aircraft in action serie no.66 - Halifax.I hope it is the one you 've wanted.

regards

Attachments

• Halifax B MkIII_462Sqn_Z5 N_1945.jpg
    Halifax B MkIII_462Sqn_Z5 N_1945.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 125
Thanks Werger. Sorry Its not the one . This is the replacement for my fathers aircraft, this photo was taken in april '45. Dads plane came down in January ,also his Z5N had no nose art:cry: Thanks anyway we will keep looking Cheers John Lawrence:?:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back