Halinski: AVG P40E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
Hi, this is my first build on a Halinski kit (paper model)

Any suggestons, please feel free, as I was a plastic modeller and this hobby is quite new to me.

I'm also a accomplished simmer and deceided to fly a Historic AVG Campaign to get a into the right mindset for this kit. I downed a Ki-43 (one of my favourite planes!) when our base got attacked. One thing I noticed is that the P40 overheats very quickly and that really hampers you in dogfights, I wonder if this was true in real life, anybody knows?
(Game: IL2 Forgotten Battles, full realism and all the goodies ex: joystick, rudder pedals, trim wheels etc)

P1270605.jpg

P1270606.jpg

here is the top part of cockpit with rudder pedals. no problems up to now.

P1270605.jpg

cockpit with chair, joystick etc. please note that most of the stuff is scratch build, dont see chance to cut such little pieces out of paper.

P1270606.jpg

here with left cockpit wall, please note that cockpit wall is not finished yet and were just dry fitting.

P1270615.jpg

Hi, this is my first build on a Halinski kit (paper model)

Any suggestons, please feel free, as I was a plastic modeller and this hobby is quite new to me.

Hi,
I know the model.I looks really great when made.Looking at your pictures I've got impression you have used a bit blunt scissors.Do you use a scalpel? If not try to buy it it is a very useful tool.A metal ruler is also needed. Besides , could you tell me what kind of glue you use for assembling of the model.All parts you glued with card should be cut off not going directly on the balack lines but along them and close by.Then you should use a sandpaper to make their shapes more accurate.It is better if before you start cutting off the glued with carton parts , the sheets could be put between two plates of glass ( or on the flat surface) and be pressed for some days to let a glue be dry and hardened.It helps to get the proper geometry and symmetry of all sections.And as a result also of a whole model.All visible in future edges of cutting off pieces should be painted with a proper colours ( for instance: the pilot chair in your pic should have interior green colour in all surfaces,instead of this we can see the white edges.).I'll be waiting for other pics of your progress.:)

There some pics of my paper 1:33 model of P-51 Mustang III and its cockpit to compare.

Attachments

• Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_8.JPG
    Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_8.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_4.JPG
    Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_4.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_2.JPG
    Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_1.JPG
    Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 188
  • Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_3.JPG
    Mustang_MkIII_cockpit_3.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Mustang_MkIII_overview.JPG
    Mustang_MkIII_overview.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 207
THX guys.Yes it is made of paper except the cockpit panel I made it of a piece of plastic which I re-gained from an old black 3.5" MF 2HD diskiette.Its texture remainds the black painted aluminium plate.Firstly I used Xero device and made the drawing of the panel in the scale and then made it in negative ( you know what is black is now white and what is white now is black).Next I printed it on selfadhesive transparent foil.Secondly I used a phone card and removed with sand paper all colours on this.When I put the negative panel on the foil ,on white card all indicators appeared.In plastic black panel I drilled holes in places where the indicators should be and put on the phone card with the foil.And voila.Some colour lights were added later using a transparent coloured plastic.But what do you think about wheels?I have to correct some details on them.

There some others pics.I hope they are better quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 185
Been takin a break on it... The colors came out way wrong, so....

Im re-evaluating...
That's a pity.It appears that a such big model must be painted with an airbrush.What was wrong with the colours?

hi

wow your p51 is beautiful. i did use scissors, but bought a scalpel yesterday.

i'll post pics tomorrow of the rest of the body, much better and thanx for the tip, like I said I'm new to this paper modeling, but the detail.....better than plastic....I think so:)

hi

i'll post pics tomorrow of the rest of the body, much better and thanx for the tip, like I said I'm new to this paper modeling, but the detail.....better than plastic....I think so:)

Hi Eddie,
I cannot waiting for the rest of pic.I have some Halinski paper kits on my shelves but I don't know when I start them at all.They are really high detailed.And also I think that its assembling can be impossible.:lol: But if you are enough patient everything is possible.As far as a scalpel is concerned,it is good you bought it.Using it with a metal ruler all straight lines are direct and accurate.Besides making holes become easiest.Good luck with the model.If you have questions feel free to ask.

BTW I'm glad you like my P-51.:D

Hi Eddie,
I cannot waiting for the rest of pic.I have some Halinski paper kits on my shelves but I don't know when I start them at all.They are really high detailed.And also I think that its assembling can be impossible.:lol: But if you are enough patient everything is possible.As far as a scalpel is concerned,it is good you bought it.Using it with a metal ruler all straight lines are direct and accurate.Besides making holes become easiest.Good luck with the model.If you have questions feel free to ask.

BTW I'm glad you like my P-51.:D

tx will do so:lol:
I was lucky with The Halinski's, a friend went to europe and bought me alot of their kits :)

Yes,Halinski's models are currently the best ones in Poland.Although there are some others that offer also great quality paper kits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back