Hap Arnold Alaska Mission jacket patch color help ......

Discussion in 'Aircraft Requests' started by Johnny Signor, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor Member

Hello I am seeking the colors to the Leather jacket patch worn by Hap Arnold and flight crew on the 1934 mission flown to Alaska by them in B-10 aircraft , Not the emblem on the B-10's but the patch on their jackets as they did differ in both colors/details , see the photos below for what I am looking for , in the first photo the patch in question is on the left and also the photo of Hap wearing jacket with the patch ,if you can help please reply, thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor Member

I am thinking the "patch" background is a Blue with a yellow border seeing as the Totem colors even in black and white are "light" colors , the "aircraft" nose art had a Yellow background to the "state" shape and even though in the posted photos the two look to be the same I don't think they are and this is what I am seeking to clarify if possible , I have another image the pretty much gives me the colors I need for the "totem" colors and the bird 's beak/arrows are also different on the "patch" from the "nose art" .......

Hoping someone out there may know of a relative etc that may still have a jacket or at least one of the patches form this mission and can post a photo , there were quite a few of them made by what I have seen in photos ...........................

Looking forward to replies , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Johnny

3. Capt. Vick

Capt. Vick Well-Known Member

Have you tried the National Museum of the United States Air Force? They might actually HAVE the jacket in question in their collection.

4. norab

norab Well-Known Member

this is from a drawing by Bert Stolle, a famous Alaska aviator, maybe it will be of help

mission.gif

• Like Like x 1