Hap Arnold Alaska Mission jacket patch color help ...... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Johnny Signor

Airman 1st Class
Jan 5, 2008
Hello I am seeking the colors to the Leather jacket patch worn by Hap Arnold and flight crew on the 1934 mission flown to Alaska by them in B-10 aircraft , Not the emblem on the B-10's but the patch on their jackets as they did differ in both colors/details , see the photos below for what I am looking for , in the first photo the patch in question is on the left and also the photo of Hap wearing jacket with the patch ,if you can help please reply, thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Logo+B.jpg
    Logo+B.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 172
  • post-2011-0-13222200-1399574802.jpg
    post-2011-0-13222200-1399574802.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 197
I am thinking the "patch" background is a Blue with a yellow border seeing as the Totem colors even in black and white are "light" colors , the "aircraft" nose art had a Yellow background to the "state" shape and even though in the posted photos the two look to be the same I don't think they are and this is what I am seeking to clarify if possible , I have another image the pretty much gives me the colors I need for the "totem" colors and the bird 's beak/arrows are also different on the "patch" from the "nose art" .......

Hoping someone out there may know of a relative etc that may still have a jacket or at least one of the patches form this mission and can post a photo , there were quite a few of them made by what I have seen in photos ...........................

Looking forward to replies , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back