Happy Thanksgiving - Whats for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Happy TG all and I hope it was a good day for everyone. I was wondering who slaved over the stove today and what did you make?

I was the cook today and in addition to the turkey and the stuffing I made potato latkes for the first time. Since the Pre-wife is Jewish and Hanukkah started last night, I wanted to add something for the holiday. I also made zucchini sauteed in tomatoes and olive oil which came out very well. It was only the Pre-wife and myself, so we didn't make a big spread but it was enough!

What did you mix up for the holiday?

1463550_10201829942423489_670676929_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was sucking on the open end of a bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey all day....until the Pre-wife made shots from Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur, Peppermint Schnapps and crushed up candy canes. awesome!!

I was sucking on the open end of a bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey all day....until the Pre-wife made shots from Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur, Peppermint Schnapps and crushed up candy canes. awesome!!

Careful, old man.
That way leads to talking to Ralph on the great white telephone!

Thanksgivikkah!!! Appetizers were 6 different cheeses with various crackers, chips and salsa, stuffed eggs, olives, grapes, and shrimp with cocktail sauce. Made turkey (fooked it up and over-cooked it not being familiar on Mom's small oven...damn!!!), green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied yams, sausage/bread stuffing, rolls.

Vodka tonics with lime and cabernet with dinner. I miss you dad.

Cajun tonight.............. blackened chicken schnitzel....... no telling how long it was in the oven....... can't hear the bl00dy buzzer! with a rum and cke to wash the charcoal down.

Twas off to Grandmothers house we go, traditional turkey, stuffing, smashed potatoes, green bean casserole, Bavarian saurkraut, gravy, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, celery with cream cheese and peanut butter, buttermilk biscuits, a smoked ham, chocolate silk pie, sweet potatoe pie, pumpkin pie, and a fruit salad with whipped cream
and left-overs tonight

I agree. Bahstard! All the cooking and cleaning I did and this is the thanks??!! Not even, "Oh hey, how was the football game? Sorry Dallas is in first place." Nope nada. Nothing. See if I cook......think...yeah, think about you next year!!

I suppose I have a whole lot to be thankful for, considering I survived that wild bullsh!t last April, but on the otherhand, I'm alive so I can be a mean old bastard and yell "bah humbug" at everyone because I DID survive... :evil4:

So for Thanksgiving I tolerated a family get-together at my Mom's place (plus sister, aunt, stepdad and thier dog that likes to bit my leg when it gets a chance) and then I came home and relaxed, knocked back several beers and had a Macanudo and figured that's over for another year, thank God!

I suppose I have a whole lot to be thankful for, considering I survived that wild bullsh!t last April, but on the otherhand, I'm alive so I can be a mean old bastard and yell "bah humbug" at everyone because I DID survive... :evil4:

So for Thanksgiving I tolerated a family get-together at my Mom's place (plus sister, aunt, stepdad and thier dog that likes to bit my leg when it gets a chance) and then I came home and relaxed, knocked back several beers and had a Macanudo and figured that's over for another year, thank God!

Christmas is 26 days away..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back