Has 1/48 Hs129B-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jayl

Senior Airman
May 29, 2009
So I figured I had enough to of this done to start a wip. It's the Hasegawa Hs129B-3 with the Verlinden upgrade set. The cockpit isn't quite done yet. I need to fill some gaps and paint the rear before I finish up the seats and belts. The engine is made up of 76 pieces and was really a pain. I thought about giving it up and going with the Vector piece many times but I'm glad I didn't now that it's done.

Well it's been a while since I updated this thread, I ended up building 4 helicopters and finishing up two cars that were on the workbench. I've made some decent progress despite the Verlinden update set being a pain to deal with. It was warped and the resin had shrunk so there was quit a bit of time correcting that mess. Ok then, on to the pics.

I tried a different technique for the first time that has no preshading done. It's the base color, tape of some panels add black to the original color spay, add more black on spray the covers and such. Go back to the original color and add white this time and go in and fill in some of the panels in a hit and miss kind of way. Drew the panel lines in with an HB pencil, added some dirt with dark earth brown then sprayed the whole thing again with a very diluted original color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back