Has anyone seen Barracuda or Whirlwind footage?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Freebird

Master Sergeant
Nov 12, 2007
British Columbia
Has anyone seen any good WWII video footage of the Fairey Barracuda dive bombing or on a torpedo run?

Also looking for footage of the {twin-engine} Whirlwind if any exists

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks Wildcat, I just love those birds!

I can't believe that the idiots didn't save EVEN ONE of these after the war!

As you see Comiso helped me make a new Avatar... 8)

Nice I like it :thumbsup: Have you read the book "Barracuda pilot" by Dunstan Hadley - if your interested in the barracuda I recommed you get your hands on a copy, you won't be disappointed!

Hmm Thanks, I will look for it.

I realized that the Barracuda could also be used as a dive bomber as well as a TB, it helps explain why they designed the lower flaps that way.

I was looking for some torpedo footage {on the Tirpitz for example} but there does not appear to be much out there.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 184
Never noticed how much the Whirlwind with the wing dihedral and tail assembly looks like a Pucara from a nose-on-profile.

That bird was one fine aircraft! Fastest fighter in the world when war broke out {360 mph} IIRC

Whoever was the idiot to chop up the VERY LAST one in the entire world {for scrap} should be castrated!

I don't even think they can put together a replica because the Peregrine engine doesn't exist anymore either!

Thanks for the links, Wildcat.
I also love these aircraft and was of the opinion there was no film of them.. only still shots.
Top work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back