Hasegawa 1/32 Ju-87D-5 of 2./NSG 9, E8+GK Gehdi, Italy, 1944 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: Ju 87D-5 (Incorrectly labeled as D-8)
Details: 2./NSG 9, E8+GK Gehdi, Italy in 1944
Other: Will be built out of box, as I've spent over $300 on models this summer!

My first and possibly (though unlikely) my only build for the MTO GB will be this Ju 87D-5. Erich and others have already kindly provided some great info about the plane in this thread: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/questions-kits-decals-tools-pilots/ju-87d-8-a-19074.html

I cannot find a profile of GK, but I DO have a profile for JK, so I'm going to go by the assumption that they look pretty similar unless I'm told otherwise. This won't be started until I'm finished my Panther, which will only be a few days at most, I just haven't had time to start a thread for it, though I've taken pics along the way.

Picture6-1.png

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Once again, Hasegawa's painting instructions are completely nuts, but as I have a profile it will not be an issue. I also now know how to use my airbrush (after a year and a half! :lol:) so I think I will be able to pull this tricky scheme off. Any additional info would be welcome of course!

Cool! Good choice Corry and if I'm not mistaken first entry of an Luftwaffe aircraft for this Group Build so far.
Looking forward to fallow your work on this model.

suggest you purchase a copy of Ghost bombers, excellent pics, proifles and just plain bitchin book by Nick Beale

I actually was able to get a copy, so I'm good in that respect.

Thanks again guys, and thanks Terry, that would be great because I have very little on the Stuka.

I actually was able to get a copy, so I'm good in that respect.

Thanks again guys, and thanks Terry, that would be great because I have very little on the Stuka.

Ive got around +20 books on the Junkers Ju-87 if you need some thing. Let me know and will see what I can find

Thanks Paul, I will probably take you up on that! Cockpit pictures would be great as a starter though.

Try these from the book series Aero number 11 on the Junkers Ju-87D/G

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 557
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 388
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 392
I do not have one of these in my stash but I hear that this is a very nice kit Cory.I am sure that you will do it justice.Cheers Kevin

Great work once again Paul!
Cory, I've got three or more books on the Stuka, on PDF, although one is for the earlier models. The only way I can extract individual pics or pages is by printing them, then scanning, as I can't seem to find any other way of doing it! If you'd like them, just shout, and I'll send all of them to you on a CD. I'm afraid the files are too big to e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back