Hasegawa Destroyer Yukikaze 1/350

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I started this one last night nice fit on the hull and started drilling out port holes not many to do may step up to some weathering on this one.This kit comes with some PE that is supplied for railing ,paddles for LB and some antenna (?) .;) Kevin

Japanese destroyers 388'L X 35'B were big compared to our Gleaves 348'LX36'B
Maya 001.JPG
Maya 003.JPG
Maya 004.JPG

I got a little more done on this one I put the Maya on hold till the new rigging materials come in.The red on the hull is a color of my own offering since Tamiya colors seems show a slight brown tint.The kit comes with it's own PE just not as extensive as the Gleaves Kit offered by Dragon :)
Maya 001.JPG

Maya 002.JPG

Maya 003.JPG

This one has about 90% of the plastic in place and about to start the PE process more PE was supplied than I thought so I am kinda back tracking in some areas.
Maya 001.JPG
Maya 002.JPG
Maya 003.JPG
Maya 004.JPG

Maya 006.JPG

I'm not a student of IJN surface ships, but it seems to me odd that a nation with such an offensively minded approach to warfare would build a warship with more firepower aft than forward. This does not compute.
Anyone?
Cheers,
Wes

I'm not a student of IJN surface ships, but it seems to me odd that a nation with such an offensively minded approach to warfare would build a warship with more firepower aft than forward. This does not compute.
Anyone?
Cheers,
Wes
Maybe when you are bugging out you really give it to them :dontknow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back