Have We Lost Our Minds ?? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Holy Crap!!!!!!! that nailed it right on the head. Congress is a bunch of idiots and this whole idea is absurd!!!!! thanks for posting that Charles

Never see that on the front page or oozing out of Al Gore's lips.

I want to move to Texas - permit to carry, death penalty and Congressmen like Ted Poe who have a pair.

Just a reminder that fluorescent tubes are just as big a disposal problem [contain mercury] and we've been land filling them for how long? I've seen many building maintenance types deliberately breaking them in dumpsters so that the waste disposal guys don't get hurt by the exploding tubes when handling the dumpsters.:?: :shock:

Is there any instructions on how to clean up an incandescant bulb bet its not much different. on a side note whats the problem with a light bulb that uses less energy an lasts a thousand times longer to me its a no brainer

I have been using the effing things for 10 years. And they do NOT last 10,000hrs. IN FACT, I have incandescents in my home that are original with my 20yo house. And in my kitchen I have replaced some flourescent bulbs 5 times.

They are made in China. The claims of "green" for their use are bogus. And their cost is extraordinary compared to bulk Thomas Edison products.

I have started replacing my flourescents with standard 'wire burners; as they burn out. And they burn out predictably.

PPPppppphhtttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with Matt. We've got the "green" twisty bulbs all around our house right now....not only do they seem to give off less light, but I've had several in the computer room blow out long before the "Edison" bulbs that came with the ceiling fan two-ish years ago did. Most of this "go green" malarky is just another way for the manufacturer to jack the prices up yet another notch or three.

I have been using the effing things for 10 years. And they do NOT last 10,000hrs. IN FACT, I have incandescents in my home that are original with my 20yo house. And in my kitchen I have replaced some flourescent bulbs 5 times.

They are made in China. The claims of "green" for their use are bogus. And their cost is extraordinary compared to bulk Thomas Edison products.

I have started replacing my flourescents with standard 'wire burners; as they burn out. And they burn out predictably.

PPPppppphhtttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I'm using them for 9 years and never had to change one. Not sure what kind of lights you're using.

Theres no stopping the politicians using jets and limos for junkets, golf tornaments or Oscar cerimonies and such.
Theres no stopping the entertainment industry from using whatever they need for a big bang.
Theres nothing slowing down the use of plastics in just about everything.
Theres no restrictions on lawn care, motor racing, RVs and anything else that guzzles gasoline.
Theres no trade imbargo or anything against third rate countries who refuse to even come close to the Kyoto accords.

So please don't tell me I have to change my light bulb and I'll feel better.

Right on, Njaco.

Personnally, I have no "twisted light bulbs" in my house... Never had neither (back in the day when my parents still owned it). I have "standard" light bulbs all around the house except in my basement where I have fluorecent tubes.

I change them about once every two to five years for the tubes (I spend most of my "off-duty" nights in my basement) and may be once every two or three years for the "standard" light bulbs... On the lamps that are lighten up every nights. For the ones I turn on once in a while, it can go up to once every ten years.

Oh... And I just paid my first electricity bill about a week and a half ago. $147.00 CDN for a 2 floor + a basement house.

Theres no stopping the politicians using jets and limos for junkets, golf tornaments or Oscar cerimonies and such.
Theres no stopping the entertainment industry from using whatever they need for a big bang.
Theres nothing slowing down the use of plastics in just about everything.
Theres no restrictions on lawn care, motor racing, RVs and anything else that guzzles gasoline.
Theres no trade imbargo or anything against third rate countries who refuse to even come close to the Kyoto accords.

So please don't tell me I have to change my light bulb and I'll feel better.
Your 100% correct but for the life of me why would you want to use 100w bulbs instead of 15w and its proven the bulbs last longer I hate paying the power bill and don't wish to give anymore money to power company then I do taxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back