Hawker Hunter revisited

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
I love the shape of the Hunter, and making new versions is just fine...

Attachments

• F4_Belgium_350Sqn_Dev.jpg
    F4_Belgium_350Sqn_Dev.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,394
  • F6_Iraq_1Sqn_Dev.jpg
    F6_Iraq_1Sqn_Dev.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,590
  • F6_Jordan_1Sqn_Dev.jpg
    F6_Jordan_1Sqn_Dev.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,905
  • F51_Denmark_Dev.jpg
    F51_Denmark_Dev.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,230
  • F52_Peru_15Sqn_Dev.jpg
    F52_Peru_15Sqn_Dev.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,281
A lot of new versions...

Attachments

• FGA74_Singapore_Dev.jpg
    FGA74_Singapore_Dev.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,320
  • FGA9_Rhodesia_Dev.jpg
    FGA9_Rhodesia_Dev.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,300
  • F60_Saudi_Dev.jpg
    F60_Saudi_Dev.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,152
  • F58_Swiss_20FS_Dev.jpg
    F58_Swiss_20FS_Dev.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • F56_India_14Sqn_Dev.jpg
    F56_India_14Sqn_Dev.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,230
Awesome..

I like the different fuel tank configs
The blister under the cockpit in the second one has vents (what is that?)
the variation on the nose gun ports
the different atteneas

I'm surprised somolia had hunters

The blisters are spent cartridge collectors. They were installed after some F1s managed to suck empty 30mm cartridges into the engine when firing...

The vents are to release the blow-back gas from the guns (4 x 30mm Aden) as the install of the blisters made the guns a 'closed system'

On the Swiss one, they installed some extra component into the blisters, but I'm not sure what that is.

The blisters were called 'Sabrinas' named after a well-endowed actress in the 50s...

The blisters are spent cartridge collectors. They were installed after some F1s managed to suck empty 30mm cartridges into the engine when firing...

The vents are to release the blow-back gas from the guns (4 x 30mm Aden) as the install of the blisters made the guns a 'closed system'

On the Swiss one, they installed some extra component into the blisters, but I'm not sure what that is.

The blisters were called 'Sabrinas' named after a well-endowed actress in the 50s...

Spectacular detail!.

OK, I'm done...

Surely not Clave!? As a professional 'profiler' you've got to look deeper...:lol:

What about the 'needle-nosed' WB188?...

...or the Hunter trainer versions?...

Did you ever come across the 'original' P.1067 Hunter with bifurcated nose air-intake and T-tail in your research? Would that be a 'first' for profilers?

I cannot find a picture of it but the best looking Hunter I ever saw was a Fleet Air Arm Admirals Barge T7. It looked absolutely stunning.

Re the Swiss Hunter, they did have some extra's added to their machines such as Sidewinders, Bullpup ASM's and these may have something to do with the blisters

The Hunter was a real pretty bird ,maybe the last pretty one as well and dressed in so many colours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back