Hawker Hurricane Mk IIC 1/72 question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bullo Loris

Senior Airman
Oct 14, 2006
Hi mate,

only a simple question, it's better the Airfix or the Revell kits of this plane?.

Regards.

Loris Bullo

I haven't seen either of these kits for many years, but the Airfix example, far as I know, is based on the original 1950's kit, whilst the Revell is either ex-Matchbox or their own tooling. The Revell will be much newer and, I believe, a better kit.

Both have their faults, but generally the Revell is the better of the two (it's new tool, btw).
Hasegawa also do one, but as usual the 'perfect' kit is a combination of the three...

Evan

I agree with both posts above. In addition the Revell kit has a better imitation of the fabric covering of the rear part of Hurricane fuselage than the Hasegawa one.

True my friend, but what's with that step in the fueslage behind the pilots seat? I can never understand how model companies can invest so much money in a new kit and not get it correct??

Also true. But nobody is perfect. :lol:
I think that the step is the "bow" towards these guys who aren't skilled enough to stick the glass conopy to the fuselage.Also it gives the fuselage stiffness at the area.So the technical aspect has to be taken into consideration as well.
Unfortunately injection kits are limited at the moulding technology.

Sad but true...

I think the area mentioned could be sufficiently strengthened on the inside (where no-one will see anyway), but I see your point about canopy attachment. This area was eliminated altogether on the Revell kit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back