Hawker Tempest mk.V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

papa_bear

Airman
Jun 10, 2009
Belgrade
Hello!
This is my first posting here.
I'm Dalibor, student, modeller from Belgrade, Serbia.
In this topic, I will show you my Hawker Tempest, 1/72 Academy.
It is very nice to build, real pleasure. Only decals are little thick, but it is not big problem. Hot water, mr softer and water-sand paper...
Model is painted with some Russian-Ukrainian nitro authentic paints. Tempest is gift from my friend on some local competition.
Almost to forget, it wears Closterman's markings.

Some pics.
th_DSCN1206.jpg
th_DSCN1199.jpg
th_DSCN1201.jpg
th_DSCN1202.jpg

th_DSCN1203.jpg
th_DSCN1204.jpg
th_DSCN1205.jpg
th_DSCN1207.jpg

Hope you like it :)
Comments and critics are welcomed!
Cheers,
Dalibor

Zdravo Dalibore i dobrodošao na forum. :D
(Hello Dalibor and welcome to the forum.) Nice looking Tempest you got there. Good job.

Regards
Igor

Zdravo Dalibore

Welcome to the foirum.Greetings from Poland.

Thank you for sharing these nice pics of your job.Well done.:D

Nice job!
I could spend all day looking at a sweet Tempest build and that's a sweet Tempest build. 8)

I have also built that particular ship, though I didn't share your 'thick decal' problem, quite the opposite in fact; the decals were thin, brittle and extremely delicate to affix. Nor was it particularly nice or easy to build.

It was the Eduard 48th scale kit, many moons ago now.

Hello and welcome from England. Very nice Tempest there. I'm working on one at this moment, the old Esci 1/48th scale kit, shown elsewhere in this section.

I think I have built that exact kit and it was an enjoyable build.Yours is a very nice rendition and well painted Sir.Cheers Kevin,Welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back