Hawker Typhoon to be loaned to Canada (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Angels one-five

Airman 1st Class
Jun 29, 2009
Salisbury, UK
The RAF Museum is loaning it's Hawker Typhoon to the Canadian Air and Space Museum, Ottawa. It will be there in time for the D-Day anniversary this year; a fitting tribute to the many Canadians who landed and flew on D-Day in particular and through the War in general. I hope it is enjoyed by Canadian veterans and enthusiasts. Just make sure you send it back - we know where you live:D

World?s last Hawker Typhoon warplane coming to Ottawa

Strange. It was moved from Hendon to Cosford in October last year, and according to the RAF Museum, and their member's magazine and e-mail Newsletters, it's going on display, at Cosford, in the 'War Planes' hangar.
I'm not doubting the article, but it seems odd to move the aircraft, and announce it'll be displayed at Cosford, with no mention of it leaving the country, something which, I would have thought, would not be planned and implemented over night.
Here's how it looked when I saw it in October, and I was hoping to see it again, fully assembled, at the 'Open Cockpit Night' in May.

Attachments

• Cos Con 2.jpg
    Cos Con 2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 184
At last!
Great news, as it's been talked about for some time.
I need to find out which air shows they'll be at, although I'll be away in August. Hopefully, the Canadian Lanc will still be here for the early September DX show.
It's going to be a sight, and sound, not to be missed!

This is great news.

I might have to make a trip up to the Capital to check it out.

A nice gesture from the Motherland. Enjoy our Lanc too. I was out in the yard one day and saw it fly over on its way to Hamilton. Beautiful Aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back