Heinkel He 162 going back home.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like very much the idea of the new Me 262s but i find it difficult to consider them more than good replicas. Different engines, different brakes, "strengthened" airframe, different radio equipment, no military equipment , i am afraid that in their essence are entirely modern aircrafts.
And ,correct me if i am wrong , i think there are some slight differences in shpe too. e.g. the canopy
I a m not familiar with american regulations, but since these are not ww2 built aircarfts isn t nessecary to obey all the safety regulations as built?

The canopy I believe is slightly different in order to allow modern flight helmets to be worn. Other than that the aircraft were built to the original specifications. Yes they have different engines, brakes and modern avionix and equipment. Why complain though, how else are you going to see a flying Me 262.

I agree they are replicas, but they are next best thing. I am pretty sure that the average person standing next to them, would not know the difference. I guess we warbird fanatics are a bit picky. :lol:

Very nice this machine is going home.. Only she'll be minus one national insignia when shes finally settled in.

I like very much the idea of the new Me 262s but i find it difficult to consider them more than good replicas. Different engines, different brakes, "strengthened" airframe, different radio equipment, no military equipment , i am afraid that in their essence are entirely modern aircrafts.
And ,correct me if i am wrong , i think there are some slight differences in shpe too. e.g. the canopy
I a m not familiar with american regulations, but since these are not ww2 built aircarfts isn t nessecary to obey all the safety regulations as built?
But during the war, the Me262 was evolving...the next step was the Me262 HG which, by the way, had a lowered and elongated canopy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back