Hello everyone from South Africa

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ivanotter

Airman 1st Class
Jan 2, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hello Everyone,

I found this site as I was trying to gather some info on RAF in Burma.

However, the info seems to be of a very high standard (thanks to the members, I believe) and I look forward to tap into the knowledge.

I am a member of the arc forum (i do have a modest collection of a/c models) and the key publishing forum, although neither is as specialilsed, I think.

Yours,

Ivan

Thanks,

I have been readign a few books on the Burma theater.

Not a lot about the RAF role and next to nothing on the type of a/c used.

I will be starting a new thread on it, as (out of pure interest) I think there are more to it.

Which a/c are you building?

Yours,

sign0016.gif

G'day Ivan, welcome to the forum and hope you'll find time to show us some of your work.

Thanks all for welcoming me.

I have attached a pic of one of my WWII planes: The Ju-88.

I especially like the German camo patterns. What imagination to come up with all the colour schemes.

This one's colour scheme is inspired by Tolga Ulgur's model on the ARC forum.

According to Ulgur, it is Stab II /KG 77 in Sicily-Gerbini airfield during 1942. (Heinrich Paepcke ,commander of II /KG 77 had flown on this machine.)

Mine is as close as I can get to his colour patterns,l although my decals are a bit wrong.

The mocel is nearly finished, I just need to fix some edges and do the cockpit frames.

Thanks again,

Attachments

• P1060458.jpg
    P1060458.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back