Hello Everyone, new member

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ron0826

Recruit
Nov 22, 2012
I would like to introduce myself and ask for help. My name is Ron, 53 y/o son of a WWII veteran. I found this website while looking for info on my father. Like so many, my father never talked about the war. I'm sure a lot of WWII veterans dealt with the horrors of war the same way. He passed in 1980 while I was too young to understand his reluctance to speak of his role in the war. All that I can remember was him briefly mentioning Guam. I have a few pictures and his separation notice and that's it! On section 24 on his separation notice, it lists a few vessels/ stations (VPB-1, CASU*35 and CASU-12). There is very, very little information that is available through the usual web searches and I thought maybe someone on this forum would have a clue or even a path to where I could find more. Any information or ideas would greatly be appreciated.
God bless America and our veterans that gave so much!

Welcome to the forum Ron. You might start a thread by itself and the folks here who are more adept at finding what you are looking for will see it more readily. There are a lot of willing and helpful folks here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back