Hello from Gloucester, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weareborg

Airman
Oct 14, 2010
Hi all.

My name is Andy and I'm from Gloucester, UK. Its been 20 odd yrs since I last built any type of plastic model kit, and I'm 38 now, so as you can imagine, I've forgotten alot. :confused:

Back then, there was no internet to help beginners like myself, so I had to just try my best. I used to build aircraft mainly, and I can still see them now, hanging from my small box-room bedroom ceiling. I had quiet a few models. Various WW2 aircraft as well as more modern fighter aircraft. The largest model I had was a P-51D Mustang. I can't remember what scale it was, but it had a wing span of about 20 inches or so, and I had to save up my paper-round money each week to pay for it. Luckily for me, our local model shop at the time, had a saving club, so I could pay off as much or as little as I could afford. I think it cost me around £45 back in 1986/7.

As with most hobbies we have as children, it was all put aside for more grown-up pastimes :xcensoredx::twisted:

So now, I have decided to start again, and re-kindle the love and joy I used to have in building model kits. I know this is a aircraft forum, but I will be building other kits too. Mainly ships, and possibly tanks.

I have already bought my 1st kit, and I will be posting it in the right forum for you all to follow, and hopefully guide me along the way.

Thanks for listening.

Andy

I live in the city mate. I'm originally from Staffordshire, but I moved here 2 yrs ago to live with the misses.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I've been progressing a little more on my 1st model in 20 yrs. See my post in the 'Start to Finish' section for the process so far.

sign0016.gif

G'day Andy, another cheery greeting from 'down under', glad to have you join us.

Welcome to the forum. The return to modelling story is quite a familiar one now; many of us have travelled a similar route and are returning to our earlier stable passtimes. Looking forward to seeing your modelling progress.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back