Hello from NW Florida (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just joined the forum today and I'm excited about the opportunities to participate in a community of people with similar interests in WWII aviation. As an author and historian, I often find myself needing expert help with particular aircraft details and/or photographs, and this seems like an ideal community to mingle with.

Cheers,
Bruce Gamble
Lynn Haven, FL

c0140.gif

Greetings from the land of Oz and welcome to the family.

Welcome from another NW Floridian. I have been transplanted to Southern Cal. but my heart is in Pensacola. How long have you lived in the Panama City area?

Welcome from another NW Floridian. I have been transplanted to Southern Cal. but my heart is in Pensacola. How long have you lived in the Panama City area?

I've lived here about 6 years, after spending the previous 10 in Western North Carolina. Man, I miss that! But I'm also very familiar with Pensacola. I earned my wings there (Naval Flight Officer) in 1982, and was medically retired there in '89. I then spent several years in a part-time staff position with the National Naval Aviation Museum.

Welcome from central B.C. :hello2: You will get lots of useful info here from some of the best aviation minded people I've had the pleasure of meeting. (Probably a wise choice not to ask me anything though.)

Last edited:
This is the place for info about ANYTHING in aviation, Airframes can tell you the correct color of the skivies worn by Polish flyers during the pacific campaign.
PS it's not an asylum, I get regular day passes now, of course I still have to wear the ankle locator

Last edited:
I've lived here about 6 years, after spending the previous 10 in Western North Carolina. Man, I miss that! But I'm also very familiar with Pensacola. I earned my wings there (Naval Flight Officer) in 1982, and was medically retired there in '89. I then spent several years in a part-time staff position with the National Naval Aviation Museum.

I grew up about a mile from the back gate to NAS Pensacola, right on the approach to the runway. Of course every time I go home I visit that great museum. Latest was a few month back and they had a two man Me-262. Also, a new hanger in the back. So, how did how did you end up in the Panama City area? Job?

Welcome aboard from an old enlisted man, SOA in them days.
I recommend you watch your six when mingling here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back