Hello from Washington State

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rusker

Airman
Aug 21, 2007
Hi I'm Henry from Washington State. I'm probably one of the younger guys on here? I was born in '77.

I'm an Air Force brat and I've always been into WW2 planes and WW2 in general but only until recently have I REALLY gotten into it. I went to visit Pearl Harbor in the spring and ever since I've been reading various books (just finished FlyBoys..wow), and planning other vacations around WW2 sites.

"Honey we should go to Europe!" :twisted:

I really look forward to learning from this forum. From what I've seen so far I'm in for a treat.

Hello Henry:

The book "Flyboys" was an outstanding book, read it a short time ago.
I think the USMC should have taken Ichi Jima off the map.

Welcome to the forum. You may be one of the youngest, but I'm
the oldest (active) member. I was 43 when you were born !

Enjoy....

Charles

Welcome Rusker! I vote for the Europe trip also. Been to Germany three times and just can't wait to go back. Ever hear of the Bridge at Remegan? (Probably didn't spell that right) I went there a few years ago. Unreal! Cologne was also inspiring. Can't believe the Allies bombed the city into rumble but the cathedral was virtually untouched, and the train station they were trying to knock out is right next door. You can throw a rock from one to the other!

Hi I'm Henry from Washington State. I'm probably one of the younger guys on here? I was born in '77.

I'm an Air Force brat and I've always been into WW2 planes and WW2 in general but only until recently have I REALLY gotten into it. I went to visit Pearl Harbor in the spring and ever since I've been reading various books (just finished FlyBoys..wow), and planning other vacations around WW2 sites.

"Honey we should go to Europe!" :twisted:

I really look forward to learning from this forum. From what I've seen so far I'm in for a treat.

Welcome.

where were u stationed during your "Brat status"?

Welcome.

where were u stationed during your "Brat status"?

-Mass
-New Hampshire (Pease AFB)
-Texas (Reese AFB)

..and I was born in the Azores (Portugal) @ Lajes Field, and returned when I was older.

Any of you in Europe been to the Azores Islands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back