Hello! I'm new (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CAC Woomera

Airman
Nov 23, 2022
Australia
Hello, I'm new here and I thought I should make a thread to introduce myself before talking here :)

I'm CAC Woomera and I've held an interest in aviation for 4+ years now, especially historical aviation and I thought joining here might be a good opportunity for me to expand my knowledge and lend some. My key area of interest is Australian aviation, especially the CAC and GAF. My dad himself was in the RAAF and so was my grandpa.

My favourite aircraft are the DC-3/C-47, Beaufort, PBY Catalina and Me163.

Thanks, CAC Woomera

Last edited:
Welcome, I'm Bill, and N4521U is the registration number of an old Cessna 150D in the US in which I learned to fly. I live in Miranda now.
I happen to have a C-47 in the "Start to Finish" modeling section of this forum. 1/72 C-47 HARS collextion
Above is the link to my personal HARS build. Home of the worlds only airworthy Super Connie!
I would suggest looking thru all the links to sections on the forum, there are some good and interesting things available here. Then ask anything you like.
Everyone will put in there "2 cents" worth.
Enjoy!

I know, right? One of these things is not like the others. One of these things is not the same.

Welcome, I'm Bill, and N4521U is the registration number of an old Cessna 150D in the US in which I learned to fly. I live in Miranda now.
I happen to have a C-47 in the "Start to Finish" modeling section of this forum. 1/72 C-47 HARS collextion
Above is the link to my personal HARS build. Home of the worlds only airworthy Super Connie!
I would suggest looking thru all the links to sections on the forum, there are some good and interesting things available here. Then ask anything you like.
Everyone will put in there "2 cents" worth.
Enjoy!
Hello Bill, I looked through your thread and it's a great effort! I've been meaning to get into model building at some point (I found a model P-51 lying around my house recently and I hope to build it in the coming months). I do frequent HARS quite a bit and might be volunteering there in the near future :)

Yeah, the Me-163. I can see why it sticks out, I discovered it earlier this year and did some research and found it an intriguing aircraft, enough to find it a bit of a favourite and I guess it works if you were to ask me my personal favourite Axis aircraft besides the B5N.

I gotta confess, I'm no fan of any plane whose fuel might dissolve me. Personal quirk, y'know.

I gotta confess, I'm no fan of any plane whose fuel might dissolve me. Personal quirk, y'know.
Yeah, that's fair ahah. It's a very unusual aircraft to say the least and by no means one even remotely worth flying purely because of how dangerous it was. Still intrigues me a lot though and I delving a bit into its history

Also just wanted to say, thanks for the warm welcomes everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back