Hello!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My name is Paolo Miana, I'm an Italian aviation writer.
I'm in contact with the sons of Gianni Caproni, and with their help I'm trying to start a virtual bookstore.
Actually I'm copying original Italian manuals and selling my own book. In the near future I hope to be able to start some collaboration projects to promote compared analisys on aviation topics.

You could find more info in my website www.avioebooks.com

Hope you find something interesting!
Cheers

Paolo

Hi everyone, first I would like to thank you for the warm welcome....

than I just jump in the technical/flight test data section.
I've seen in the Bf.110 topic that there are some different point of view about manuals selling. Having yet experienced the approach of some others sellers in this field :rolleyes: , I guess is better for me to spent a little few words about my idea and about my projects.
Yes, I'm selling manuals too, some of them are free of copyright and you could find them for free in some public archives (like the Air Ministry in Rome) some other comes from the Caproni private collection. and the Caproni family is owner of the copyright too (I guess that could be hard find some of them elsewhere). They gave these documents to me in order to obtain more visibility for the work of their father.
Yes, I'm asking money for the manuals but I would like to explain that these funds goes (better will go) just to cover (a little part of) the travel expensis (I'm in Finland, the archive is in Italy).
During my travels I collect also documentation for an Italian museum (that hopefully will receive my collection once fully open), a Slovenian restoration group (that is working on a flying Nieuport 17 replica) and some ongoing projects (a comparative study of WWI air war on Italian/AustroHungarian front and a book about WWI aviation technology and aricraft performances). This obviously for free.
I hope that in the near future this activity allows me to publish more books (and possibly to not lose money, as in the case of my first two), encourage people to start writing or helps some other groups in restoration projects.

All this, just to say that is not for everyone just a matter of money.....

Paolo

Hello Paolo,

Welcome to the site.Greetings from Poland.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back