Help finding Do-17 1/48 Vacuform canopy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hey guys,

In all the reviews I've read of my kits they mention buying the Squadron Do-17 vacuform canopies but I can't find them.

Any links will be helpful!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

In all the reviews I've read of my kits they mention buying the Squadron Do-17 vacuform canopies but I can't find them.

Any links will be helpful!

Thanks!

Did you try looking at Squadron? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you want just the nose, or the two top canopies or all of them?

Last edited:
:lol: Maybe I searched wrong i'll try again

Thanks

and All of them the 2 sets

Squadron doesn't have both in stock. The upper canopies are out of stock for both the E/M/P and the Z. They only have the front noses. $3.60 each

Yes they do have the vacuform noses for the E/M/Ps, Harrison. I'm looking at them right now!

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=SQ9565

THESE are the ones that are out of stock:

http://www.squadron.com/NoStock.asp?item=SQ9564

Do you REALLY want both sets for the E/M/P AND the Z?

Last edited:
Have you looked at the Hannant's site H ?
But wherever you get them from, it'll cost a bit to get all sets, even though shipping won't be too much. I reckon the only reason reviewers suggest the vac-form canopies is because Hobbycraft canopies are not very clear, especially the 'angular' ones on types such as the Ju88 and Do17. They're not bad, but just not 'sharp'. But a good polish with 'T-Cut', then a dip in Future makes a vast improvement. Another thing to consider - if you haven't used vac-form canopies before, they can be a bit tricky to separate from the moulded sheet, and to fit. One slip and it's endex, and if you cut it unevenly, you'll have the Devil's own job getting it to sit square and fit and stick.
It's your choice, but personally I'd stick with the kit stuff, after polishing, for these particular models, and maybe try a vac on a simpler shape canopy later.

No T the canopy window shape is too wide on some windows it's hard to explain on an iPod but look at some reviews

Hannants has all four of them. £2.99 each (that's about 4.50$ - about 0.90$ more than Squadron). I just ordered three PE sets from them and the shipping was very reasonable.

Ah, got you ! I haven't looked closely, but it can probably be changed, by sanding and polishing if needed, and painting the frame work in the correct places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back