Help finding WWII German Bombs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikewint

Captain
Feb 17, 2010
Lakeview, AR
This the Kitech JU88-A4 kit box cover picture of the model I am building at present. One would tend to think that since they are pictured on the box cover the kit would actually include these four pictured bombs. No such luck.
So I either build without the bombs or try to find bombs similiar to the ones pictured.
I tried an internet search but came up empty. Any ideas or sources deeply appreciated

Attachments

• DCP_1600.JPG
    DCP_1600.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 191
Fairly sure that's an adaptation of the Hobbycraft box art, and probably/possibly a variation of their kit too, which did include bombs, if a little basic.
There are one or two companies who supply various types of WW2 German bombs, in resin I believe, as well as bomb trollies etc. I can't remember the names off hand, but if you have a look at the Hannant's and/or Model Hobbies web-sites in the UK, you should find them. That will at least give you a name, and maybe you can then find them at Squadron or a similar US outlet.

Or you could collect donations. I'll take a look in my spares box tonight. What scale are we talking about? I assume 1/72.

Crmiea, thanks I would deeply appreciate that. It is a 1/48 scale. My eyes and hands can't deal with that small stuff any more.
Wayne, those are perfect and the price isn't horrible, I'd need 4 so about $30 USD, about twice what I paid for the entire kit
Airframes, I'll check out Squadron, reduce shipping if nothing else
Thanks guys

Last edited:
Some of joghourt in a plastic cup for breakfast insted of cereals and again cereals. Then go to my thread about how to make a pilot's seat in order to grasp the way of making a such parts. And you can have as many bombs as you need.

Crimea, Thank you. I could make do with 2 and total accuracy is not a big factor with me
Wurger, that is really cool and creative. About 100 times the amount that I have plus I'd have to somehow carve the former out of wood, get the styrene somehow completely around it, make fins somehow, etc. Think I'd rather spend the $30 USD and buy the resins

Last edited:
That's very kind of you Mate. But don't exaggerate please. A such parts aren't too huge and any super-skills aren't needed for making them. Also you can make them using rasin if you want. Of course some of sanding will be needed for sure. But there is really a couple of ways for making of these.
Can you buy there anything that is called MODELINA ( clay )? It is for kids and can be used as well.

Attachments

• mod1.jpg
    mod1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 158
  • mod2.jpg
    mod2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 171
  • mod3.jpg
    mod3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 159
I can make balls and snakes course they really don't look much like either. Michelangelo once said making his statues was easy, he just used his chisel to remove everything that didn't look like what he wanted

Oh boy..:lol: you underastimate yourself I think. And Michelangelo wasn't a modeller. However the marble parts of his staues could be a former for a SC bomb. But it would be for SC10 only. :lol:

Last edited:
Hey Mike. Here's a pic of what I scrounged up. It's been a long time since I stashed these bits so have lost track of the scales but here's what I think they are:

Bottom row 2 green ones are probably SC 250 in 1/32
Grey one on the right is definitely 1/48 Hobbycraft but of unidentified type, probably an SC 500
3 Black ones in middle row are probably 1/48 but scale slightly smaller than SC 250s and have a circular ring on the fins. Maybe some members can identify these.
Black one in top row is identical shape but slightly larger than the 3 in the middle. Possibly a 500?
Green one on top is prbably a 1/32 SC500.

You're welcome to any that might appeal to you. Send me a PM with you're address and I'll fire them off if interested.

Attachments

• Bomb Stash.jpg
    Bomb Stash.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 167
Crimea and everyone else, what would you think about using two from the middle row and the two big bottom ones. That way the load would be symmetrical. the pic shows 4 identical bombs but I'm not fussy about such stuff. I had a few small bombs left over from a skyraider but they looked dumb, even to me

Rochie. They look perfect, are you absolutely sure that you do not need them? Also postage from the UK to the colonies has to be expensive so if you let me know the amount I can send it to you in USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back