Help identifying Spanish a/c

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Farrimond

Recruit
Sep 26, 2016
Good morning

Can someone please assist me in identifying a Spanish aircraft, probably reconnaissance type, registration M-CABE possibly based at Ceuta in September 1939?

Thanks

James

If it was a civilian plane I doubt it would be the scaut aircraft. But we can't be sure at 100% As memo serves the registrations for Ju-52 started with two letters. Your registration starts with one latter M. It might be a Rohrbach Ro.VIII Roland.

Here two shots of the mentioned above planes

Rohrbach Ro.VIII Roland.jpg
H_JUNKER_JU52.jpg
G_JUNKER_JU52.jpg

the pic source: Planet Airlines - Iberia

I've found a Junkers Ju52/3mge Werk No. 5851 acquired by Iberia in August 1937 registration M-CABE. This a/c was seen flying over Gibraltar in September 1939 en route it appears to Ceuta. Must be this a/c.

Strange that the Rolands appear to have similar registration as in your photographs but maybe the registrations are assigned to the airline as opposed to the model of a/c?

IMHO the Rohrbach Ro.VIII Rolands could be written off because of getting older or just crashing. SO the registration could be given to the newly acquired plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back