Help with Pic (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
I've come across a pic of 2 of the aircraft used in the Alaskan Flight of 1934 by a group headed by Hap Arnold. The details of the plane with the crew in front is easily readable. However, the 2nd aircraft to the right is not so easy to read the name painted on the side (it will be a town or city in Alaska). I've done all the voodoo I know to do but have had no luck, any photo master's out there that can lead a hand (or an eye)?

Attachments

• Alaskan B-10 S.jpg
    Alaskan B-10 S.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Alaskan B-10 L.jpg
    Alaskan B-10 L.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 155
Dave, this was the best I could do and the stencil on the front looks more like a number than a name. 80044 is what it looks like but I am probably wrong. See what you think. You can magnify it up to 130% to see it better.

Attachments

• Alaskan B-10 L adjusted.jpg
    Alaskan B-10 L adjusted.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I really appreciate you trying. It definitely is a name. Towards the end of the flight in Alaska, supposedly all of the aircraft had a name of an Alaskan City/Town painted on the nose.

I think the number of the plane is 144 ( it can be seen on the fin of the bomber ). Its name might have been KODIAK or TANANA. But I would say KODIAK. The number 144 is repeated at the plane nose as well.

high_res1.jpg

Thank you gents for the assistence!!!!!!

Can you find a list of the craft in the flight?
That's actually what I am trying to put together, before this one I have 4 of the 10 ID'd

Is this any help?
I've actually bought these from the National Archive already, it did help me ID one of them.

I think the number of the plane is 144 ( it can be seen on the fin of the bomber ). Its name might have been KODIAK or TANANA. But I would say KODIAK. The number 144 is repeated at the plane nose as well.
Plane #146 Was Tanana so that would knock that one out so I believe you are correct as I know Kodiak was one of the names used.

THANK YOU!

Nice to hear that. Some more info about the plane there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back