Help with propeller identification

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

akajoey

Recruit
May 8, 2018
Hi Everyone - I'm new here so be gentle :)

I recently came into possession of two wooden propellers with metal on the leading edges. They are 36" in length and 7" at the widest point. They have Hamilton stickers on them but there are no other markings that I can see. The only mark is a patent sticker on the inside of the part that attaches to the hub referencing patent number 2368656. I looked up the patent and it shows that it is for a propeller blade attachment.

The weight and build quality seem very good but the stickers almost look new so I'm not sure these are Hamilton propellers.

I hope someone can take a look at the photos at the link below and provide more information. I greatly appreciate your time and expertise.

Prop photos 5-8-2018

They look like blades for an Aeromatic brand propeller. The Aeromatic was an automatic propeller, it is entirely controlled by dynamic forces, centrifugal forces, air loads etc. Search for Aeromatic Propeller on Google for more information

They look like blades for an Aeromatic brand propeller. The Aeromatic was an automatic propeller, it is entirely controlled by dynamic forces, centrifugal forces, air loads etc. Search for Aeromatic Propeller on Google for more information

Thanks very much for the tip. I will check that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back