help (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
hi all

i am a newbie on here and got a question:?:

i have never painted a model before and need help where can i find a book or information on painting models.

thanks for the help

G'day mate, I would suggest a net search "painting model aircraft" or similar....you should turn up some methods and suggestions on the various stages of painting with brush and airbrush....a good way to start.

Hi mate. Some of the modelling books available have sections on painting, but you'd need to look for those that are aimed at basics, for beginners. You could always join the IPMS, or a local model club, where the members will be more than willing to help you.
As it's a long time since I lived in your area, I'm not sure if the Model Shop is still in Blenheim Street in Newcastle, but the people there, wherever the shop is now, can probably point you in the right direction. Failing that, most UK modelling magazines will have an ad giving details of the International Plastic Modellers Society.
Hope this helps.

All good advice here.. I wish I would have done this when I started in January. I just grabbed a brush and a paint jar, wild me :D

OK guys. A few months back, I wrote a basic guide to brush painting for Rochie. This had some VERY rough sketches, to illustrate some of the descriptions and techniques etc. Given that I've still got the sketches on the PC, if you think this might be of use, let me know, and I'll post it in PDF format for you to download. Whether this 'guide' is any good - well, you'll have to ask Rochie that!
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back