Helsinki; Finland; Model Expo (2009)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Marek. I have a feeling the Fokker might be the (very) old Frog kit. If it is, the modeller has done a terrific job.

Some fantastic work there! Good to see the hobby is healthy in Finland! :thumbleft:

Love those Finnish Buffalos!! 8)

Thanks Muller! We have in IPMS Finland over 700 members. And allmost every one is atyvly bilding models of diferend subject and scales. We have our own magasin too.

more pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2827.jpg
    IMG_2827.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2828.jpg
    IMG_2828.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 63
Lets see some more:

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 71
Agree with Lucky! That car (Mercury?) looks real, and I love that Albatross, and I'm sure that rochie will be looking at the pink PR Spit! I think the modeller has made the model of a preserved MkXI though as, as far as I know, only the FRIX's were painted pink, the MkXI's being in PRU Blue.

What strikes me about some of the planes is the beautiful simplicity of the liveries chosen; that PRU Spitfire and the US plane above it, the eye for detail there a little belied by the overall lack of a complex scheme; I would not like to be a judge, it looks a fiendishly difficult task.

The Fw190D; RAF pilots used to say "if something looks the part, it usually is", that model really captures that sentiment, it just looks dangerous.

That eindecker, I wonder how long it took him to achieve that degree of off-whiteness and the subtlest of subtle weathering?

Of the others, the landser and the panzer officer (his trousers must have taken some patience) were first class too.

What strikes me about some of the planes is the beautiful simplicity of the liveries chosen; that PRU Spitfire and the US plane above it, the eye for detail there a little belied by the overall lack of a complex scheme; I would not like to be a judge, it looks a fiendishly difficult task.

The Fw190D; RAF pilots used to say "if something looks the part, it usually is", that model really captures that sentiment, it just looks dangerous.

That eindecker, I wonder how long it took him to achieve that degree of off-whiteness and the subtlest of subtle weathering?

Of the others, the landser and the panzer officer (his trousers must have taken some patience) were first class too.

Its not an eindecker but a Pfalz EI. A liscence copy of the Morane H(Pflaz paid all the royalties back to Morane after the war). Because of its poor performance and the snow white and black edging they were known as the "flying death announcements".

Nice model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back