Hi!!! (Another Aussie)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

river

Airman
Hi,

I've posted a few times in these forums, but think it nice to introduce myself.

I'm River, which is a nick name I've had for many years now and most people only know me by that name. Indeed, sometimes I ignore my real name as it is used so little.

I've always been itnerested in aircraft and machinery, especially WW2. My uncle flew with RAAF 1 Squadron with Ansons and then Hudsons. My other uncles were in Africa and Europe as infrantry, and uncles from my mothers side were in the navy.

I like WW2 war gaming, from figure games to board games. Regarding board games I've plaued (and still have in my posession) Panzer Blitz, Panzer leader, Arab-Israeli Wars (don't like that gam much), Fortress Europa (another one I am not fond of), Luftwaffe (not bad, but not real good either), original Squad Leader (good fun) and now I play Advanced Squad Leader (great game, if you can get over the learning curve) and also got the ASL Starter Kits to help others get into the game (if only there were others who wish to learn and play).

I collect and repair/build old computers - such as the S100/IMSAI machines and Multibus-I etc. I really don't know why I do this, and I look towards science and medicine who one day may explain this absurd and relatively useless hobby.

When I got time and the family isn't competing for my resources I restore and modify (depending on the vehicle condition as to whether it is a restoration or a modification) old school Toyotas, and rebuild/fix/enhance car engines. I like to take my cars racing, cruising , to car shows, drags, picking up chicks and anything else that requires minimal automotive prowess, and the ability to embrarass my children.

I enjoy scalextric cars, building models of WW2 AFV and aircraft. Also, after many years of splinters, destroyed projects and abundant swearing, my woodworking skills are getting better.

I probably drink a little too much, smoke too much, swear a lot and often take the piss. I enjoy a good discussion over many topics and try not to let facts ruin an interesting debate. :lol:

Finally, reports of my incredible handsomeness may be a tad too optimistic. :rolleyes:

river

Welcome aboard!

I've got an older Commodore Amiga1000 that still sputters to life....keyboard and mouse are shot, it seems, and all the floppies seem to have lost their data (20 years in an attic....ya think?). Puttin the classics back together is a sickness indeed, but a fun one!

Hi and welcome, greetings from Denmark. *waves* :lol:
Why mess with cars when there's motorcycles in the world? ;)
J/k, sounds like you've got a lot of good things going there. :)

Hi,

Into older cars myself, currently run a LX Torana. What sort of Toyota's, do tell :)

A modified RA28....
dsc0235m.jpg

An an original JDM RA25GT....
dsc0244r.jpg

And I just bought another RA28 to restore

river

Users who are viewing this thread

Back