History Channels' WW2 in HD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tonight is the second part of five.

It is really well done. You are going to enjoy this series. To see the film in HD color really changes the whole feeling of those war films.

So far the perspective has been purely from American veterans, but I hope to see this branch out into the other allies and axis stories. I really hope they spend some time on the eastern front films.

An awesome series. On the second episode of tonight they had a bunch of 8th AF footage.

The Tarawa footage was sobering.

IIRC that was the first time the American public was shown US war dead on film or in the newspapers.
Up to that point it had been censored.

Wheels
That could be true.

I found the film of the Higgins boats stuck on the reef, and the Marines pinned behind the seawall to be highly dramatic. The narrator was talking about how American men are too soft for that type of war, but changed his mind after seeing hundreds of Marines killed in a matter of minutes and the force kept advancing. I have always thought the Tarawa footage was very intense with the Devildogs fighting through the sand dunes; but in color HD the film is definantly enhanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back