Hitler was a football coach, say children

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The problem with middle-school and high-school history classes is that you only have 9 months to teach all of recorded history. You hit the highlights, important names/dates, and scurry on. I hated history while in school! It wasn't until I got out and was able to read and study the personal accounts that I really got hooked. I bet that if you gave the average 9 year old a book on Skortzeny's exploits, every male who can read would not be able to put it down. Or a book about the lives of OSS agents. But rote memorization of names/dates and blind regurgitation thereof is just....dry. Boring. I can understand them not knowing much about history.

If they were playing Poland do you think they'd start the game without telling them?

:lol:

France - nip round the back of the defensive wall and pop one in

England - look threatening but never really get beyond the half way line (and the opposing team turns out to be very good in the air...)

Italy - the opposition would hang the coach at half time and change sides

Russia - dynamic, sweeping play in the first half, only to get bogged down in the second and lose in a penalty shoot-out

Last edited by a moderator:

England - look threatening but never really get beyond the half way line (and the opposing team turns out to be very good in the air...)

Russia - dynamic, sweeping play in the first half, only to get bogged down in the second and lose in a penalty shoot-out

Priceless!

Yeah, my history teacher, Alexandre Strokanov, is doing a survey with his Freshmen class, to see what they know about WW2.

Be interesting to see what comes up here.

:evil4:

That's great. :lol:

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back