Hobby Boss 1/48 F4U-5N.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
With the boo-boo that they did with this one, wrong outer wings and marked as an early, I wonder if their "Late" one, will be the "-5NL" and have the correct wings, metal and not fabric....
:-k
It's a shame that they were lazy and used the wings from the earlier F4U's....

imageproxy (1).jpeg

Makes you wonder why, they should know, that they're bound to be cought out....

No wonder these kits aren't too accurate. All of them based on the F4U-4 Corsair Nr. 80386 kit. It is quite common that the model manufacturers reboxed older sprues attaching to a kit new decals only. Sometimes a new small sprue with parts for a particular version is included. A couple of years ago I was talking to the Mastercraft owner. He told the problem was the toolmakers. Just they don't want to make the moulds because it is not profitable comparing to the amount of work these require to be made.
In the particular case , some of Tamiya white putty and you can get the metal skinned wings of Corsair.

Jan , most of guys who assemble plastic kits, don't care about the model accuracy. The most important thing is the painting "as close as much" as they say.

Agreed. While I do want them to be as accurate as possible, as long as it doesn't look like a Spitfire in the front and F-14 at the rear....I'm good

This is a kit issued in 1958. Raised panel details, cockpit consisting of seat and pilot figure and single piece canopy. Just the old kit in a new box. I wouldn't expect more of accuracy. However the decals can come in handy for the Hobby Boss model. ;)

It's Hobbyboss - and like Trumpter, what do people expect?

Yeah they occasionally knock one out of the park - like their A-6 - and sometimes make some OK kits, like the F-111 family, (or in the case of Trumpter, the F-106A/B), but then there is the F-14's, A-7's, Tornado F.3, Fw 190D's, YF-23, etc...

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back