Hobby Boss 1/72 Hurricane IIB Trop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bvs

Recruit
Nov 27, 2009
Hi to everyone in this forum,
This is my attempt to create an acceptable model of Hurricane IIB Trop from the Hobby Boss easy kit.The result is below average the photo shooting even worst,but is my attempt and I accept it as it is.The model is brushpainted with a mix of Humbrol and Marabu paints.Any advise for better future results is welcome.Thanks for your time and apologise for my poor English.

Attachments

• HURRI_IIB2.jpg
    HURRI_IIB2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 215
  • HURRI_IIB1.jpg
    HURRI_IIB1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 207
  • HURRI_IIB.jpg
    HURRI_IIB.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IIC2.jpg
    IIC2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IIC4.jpg
    IIC4.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IIC3.jpg
    IIC3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IIC1.jpg
    IIC1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
It's very difficult to say what you should improve because these pictures aren't of too good quality.But looking at them I can say - not too bad at all.

I agree with Wurger. Only comment - the landing gear legs look as if they could be straighter, but the paint work looks fine.
BTW, with 4 cannons, it's a MkIIc, not IIb.

Last edited:
Thanks all of you guys for the response,

the poor quality of photos seems to work as "fog" for the built issues.I will try later for better.
Airframes, you have right it supposed to be a IIC, the shape of landing gear its probably the only
thing that is not my fault.It goes like "clip" in this position , I will try to post a photo from this specific
area.Thanks again

It goes like "clip" in this position ....

So, the first piece of advice is that you need to pay more attention to a model geommetry. Of course it goes to all main parts of assembling kits including their dry fitting. Also you should use references ( drawings , images etc... ) for comparing of a shape and location of all pieces that come with a kit..

That's true. Taking pictures from a correct distance might cause them better. Also , if you decided to use a "wash" , it shouldn't be done and of the colour you used for the model. It is said there was a dirt gathered in panel lines. It is true to a certain extent. So these lines should be of darker tonality. The main colour for the model at top surfaces is the Midstone. And you should use the one with a drop of black added. Or it should have been a mix of the Midstone and the Earth Brown paints. The effect would be better I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back