Hobby Boss BF 109E, 1:72 scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
Well It's completed. My 109 in flight kit complete. This will be one of two that will be in a Battle of Britain Diorama where a MK1 Spit will be chasing this 109 both in a dive. Both planes will be mounted with acrylic rods from the side making the rods hidden at most angles. Now time to work on the second kit.

FYI. Not too many brands seem to make kits where the landing gear is up. I had to do a lot of work and it still isn't perfect.

1091sm.jpg
1092sm.jpg
1093sm.jpg
1094sm.jpg
1095sm.jpg

Not bad at all. For future, you may want to check the levelness of the tailplanes by eyeballing with the main wing as the glue is setting. Could be the camera but it looks like it's slightly slanted.

Nice job. I like your paint job.

You're right on about the landing gear. I like building kits with gear up but most manufactures don't accommodate to well.....

I believe Andy meant the tail planes, which are not square to the vertical fin, or to the main wings. It is nicely done though - looking forward to seeing the complete scene.

Nice job...I love the in flight look. You should consider those PE kits that depict prop blur. I think it would look really great on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back