Holocaust survivor questions benefits of Nazi-hunting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Having survived that, I :salute: her. She is most definitely entitled to the right to simply put it behind her as best she can, and live life in her own way. She's earned that.

I would not recommend across-the-board pardons, though. These animals are still criminals. We pull out old unsolved murder files, use new forensics processes, and catch the culprits, even if they only killed one person twenty years ago. Why? Because they're still guilty of murder. We also prosecute those guilty by association, those who knew, yet didn't actively participate. Now....if we will go to all that trouble for someone who killed one person, why should we stop with those who killed thousands? Or stood by and let it happen? Not everyone can be an Oscar Schindler, but there were many cases where a guard who slipped extra food, or blankets, or the odd medical supplies to the inmates, were actually protected by the same inmates who put in a good word for them at the trials, or even physically shielded them from mobs (think I read that one in a book about the 101st). So if this guy is guilty of standing by and not doing anything, I have no sympathy. She may protest, but there are thousands more behind her crying out for justice.

I agree with your post RA. She has most definitely earned the right to her own opinion and beliefs. I respect her opinion greatly, and feel she may be a better person than myself to not want any type pf action be brought against these people. But I am with you and still believe these men need to be brought to justice.

It's an emotional response
God knows I'm not begrudging her that
but the issue requires a cool-headed solution or it will transmit entirely the wrong message - commit a crime against humanity then stay on the run long enough and they'll effectively drop the charges; these people need to know they'll be pursued to the grave.

To let them 'get off with it' simply because it's been so long, insults their victims.

It partly an emotional response to try and forget all that has happened. Things like that stay with you for your whole life. She is certainly entitled to that opinion, as others have said, but I agree that the perpetrators need to be prosecuted for their crimes. Something as heinous as the Holocaust cannot be forgotten.

It partly an emotional response to try and forget all that has happened. Things like that stay with you for your whole life. She is certainly entitled to that opinion, as others have said, but I agree that the perpetrators need to be prosecuted for their crimes. Something as heinous as the Holocaust cannot be forgotten.

Agreed, and unfortunately we are running out of time to do so.

I have a little peripheral background in the subject which I won't explain until I know you better ;) and believe personally that the victims in any direct capacity (Holocaust survivors or relatives of survivors) should be supported individually 100% in any course they feel strongly urged to take, which is legal, given reasonable consideration.

However where one not directly associated takes up the charge it immediatelly begins to look overly political, like someone is using the genuine pain of others in a childish attempt to run for office.
Some representative a Nazi Hunter Coop can go to hell to put it bluntly, he's no different to the Nazis by determination (they felt utterly justified too), but if this representative is directly associated with the Holocaust (and I do not mean by assuming ideological comaraderie with the victims but directly victimised), then in complete turn around they have my 100% active support in all their efforts.

It is terribly belittling for victims of abuse to have ignorantly goodwilled people come along and take even more of what is theirs. It may be well intentioned, but again do so few people realise that all evil movements are well intentioned...from their own point of view. This is its very horrifying nature.

What this lady is trying to say is, careful what you become when you chase the destination without thinking about the road taken to get there. I don't think she wants to see Neo-Nazis by any other name calling themselves Nazi Hunters.

edit to add, I do fully support traditional war crimes tribunals between military organisations examining the conduct most particularly of ranking personnel among belligerent nations, just that in some cases I feel Nazi Hunting does not fit into this category.

As long as a single one of these criminals breathe, they need to be hunted down and brought to justice.

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back