Hong kong Models 1/32 Mosquito B Mk.IV Series II....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm. It looks reasonably good, but not as good, or as accurate in detail parts as I would expect for that price. I'm rather surprised at the crude, under-size back cushion on the pilot's seat, and the over-scale, 'flat' internal canopy frames, which should be lighter and tubular.
I'll give it a miss methinks - especially as, if Revell re-tooled their old Mossie kit, I could probably get five for the same price !

Not impressed. Very lazy work on the bomb bay bulkhead. At this scale, I would have expected that the hydraulic door actuators would be separate parts.

I'm far from an expert, and haven't seen much of either kit but having built the other Tamiya kits, the HK kit isn't even close in terms of fit quality it seems. If you're trying to decide between the two, I'd go Tamiya every time. Not to mention I'd be shocked if Tamiya doesn't make their own bomber version.

The Tamiya is the way to go. I have one on the shelf and have spent several evenings working through the instructions. It is a tremendous kit. A few injector marking that need to be dealt with but that seems to be it. I have test fitted a few pieces together and I am finding typical Tamiya fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back