Hotmail down?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Has anyone else experienced this today, I logged in and I can see my inbox but when I click to read the email it doesn't open :(

Sure it does. I type in Sign In and I get hotmail. It does not say outlook or anything like that. It says hotmail...

Hotmail has not gone anywhere.

For now, it is being replaced though, Outlook is still in beta but Hotmail will be gone before the end of the year...

There have been similar problems with opening messages in Hotmail, off and on, for the past couple of months. It should resolve itself, but if not, go to the help page, and there is a guide on what to do.
Hotmail is scheduled to be replaced by October 2013.

Yeah but, then I have to change everything else to outlook as well right? What I mean, is that I have to tell all my contacts and businesses that I deal with that it is now outlook right?

I hope not...

I hope not too. I'm surprised there hasn't been an 'official' notification to all 'Hotmail' users yet - maybe there will be eventually, hopefully providing guidance on what to do when the change comes.

Yeah but, then I have to change everything else to outlook as well right? What I mean, is that I have to tell all my contacts and businesses that I deal with that it is now outlook right?

I hope not...
Nope, only your user-interface changes as outlook is just the e-mail program, either online or as a program on your computer. Your e-mail address stays the same. I already converted to outlook and I still have my hotmail account. It's just the user-interface that has been changed. Problem with Microsoft is that they make such a fuss about nothing special.

Oh okay good.

I am familiar with outlook, as we did the conversions with our military accounts when I worked for the Army. I just don't want to loose my email address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back