HOW BIG IS YOUR SNOWBLOWER?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
1614193368790.png

Mine is nonexistent.

Edit: Wait are you talking about the city one or a personal one? (I dont have a personal one and I dunno about the cities')

I downsized from a Craftsman two stage, modified with rubber auger blade edges, to a single stage Toro and have been much happier! Virtually no clogs, easier starting and use. Now I cackle like a mad idiot when I do my driveway! Hahahahahaha! 🤪

For my personal drive-way, I've had 18" shovels since 1985. I did buy a Shark© last year for the front walkway, a great little shovel

1614196143076.png

15cms/6" on the way tonight

All kidding aside, I have 3

The newest is an Ariens compact 24 I use here in Chicago. I don't have much sidewalk but bought it to clear the alley where there is almost nowhere to put the snow

Ariens compact 24.jpg

Next is a 25 year old Toro two stage that looks just like this one even though its that old. Doesn't work right now which is why I bought the Ariens, but I'm going to tear apart the carb and see if I can get it working as its much easier to handle than the Ariens for a light snow.

Toro Single Stage.jpg

Next is a 1965 Toro SnowHound that was my Dads. Its been through the blizzards of '68 and '79. Dad gave it to me when I bought my first house. It was on it's second engine than and is now on its third, this time upgraded from a 3.5Hp to a 5hp and is now at my place in Michigan and still going strong!

Toro SnowHound.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously i hate to think what would happen here if we had real extremes of weather.
Couple of cm of snow, roads block everywhere, floods from a decent rain storm, roads melt if we get any temperature approaching 30'c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back