How do you survive....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Seeing that I've been without the net for wee while now, and going loopy being without it and not being able to get to the forum here, how do you survive at times like these, what do you lot do, to keep from going insane?

Searching for a high-powered wireless modem as well as visiting a net-cafe 30km away a few times a week, I was reading books and trying to enjoy my 3D CG modelling.....

I know how you feel, Lucky.
Good luck!

Attachments

• F1000016S.JPG
    F1000016S.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I make sure I have enough candles, that the wood pile is full, there is enough beef jerked and my gunpowder is dry. If you wash all your clothes at the same time in the lake, you'll be able to wear them for a long time, so that won't be a worry. I also catch up on all the wildlife sounds, like birds and coyotes so I know when danger is approaching.

you already know without me saying it ...................ride boy ride miles and miles plenty of time to think and see Gods great creation

Simply I do NOT survive.

When such things happen I simply die and resurrect when internet is back.

I go to a shelf containing old-fashioned things called books. I've even thought of visiting some schools, to tell the students that these book things exist, and contain information, often far, far superior to that found on Wiki etc , and that life's questions aren't made up of 'bullet point' replies !

I try to teach my three year old how to catch. It is almost as pointless at the internet.

BTW Lucky, you always have the best sig picture. Nothing oversexed about you!

Me and the pre-wife took Erich's advice and went on a bike trip - me and my Huffy, her and her trike. Aaahhhhhh, fresh air! And you get to see things up close, not whizzing by the windshield!

I don't. I go ballistic until I can get my hands on a pc with internet connection. ;)
Usually I go visit the nearest internet cafe, the local library, or my buddy Jørn.
The last solution is the favoured one - then I can update, scan and defrag his comp, and check my mail and my forums.
In the daytime it's alright, as there's a comp at work that I can use, but in the evening...euh! :lol:
I hope you'll get back online at home soon. ;)

every weekend, on the boat, on the lake if the wind and waves permit. lake mich is worse than the ocean for wind and waves and 54ft is a toy under those conditions. November starts the storm season with heavy north winds and waves 20+ feet.
the dock has wifi but once out on the lake nothing, not even a shore

Attachments

• 54meridian.jpg
    54meridian.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back