How Much?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yeah sure. dependin on the condition. its restorable. the motor runs, (really rough). im sure its worrth around a mil +/-. thats just my guess. a fully restored corsair goes for 3.6 mil. and higher.

Hmmmm...that would depend, as said, on the overall condition. Please post pictures...and GPS coordinates of aforementioned "barn"....and security codes to gates/alarms.....:lol:

You might get in touch with a local airport or museum. If they don't want to take it off your hands for you, they can steer you in the right direction of someone who could.

will have them this weekend for you

Flyboy, what kind of engine does it have in it?

What is the brand of HF equipment?

Is this an F4U with folding forward wings or wings with fold parallel?

Does this bird have an ejection seat or a 37mm assist?

Would love to hear further information.

Keep in mind that restored or unrestored will make a difference in price. Also keep in mind that some versions are more rare than others. If you can get a photo of the aicraft data plate, that would help tremendously to find out what it is and what it may be worth.

yeah im going up this weekend to get it working and start getting the avionics back in it. its a big project.

So what licenses and credentials do you have to work on this aircaft?????

Fixing up an aircraft is a very complicated task. I have been working on mission capable aircraft for many years now, and I can only imagine what it will be lilke for one that has been in a barn for 65 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back