How NOT to land your mustang... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like he hit a little slope next to the road, and it sent him airborne. Good job of
saving it, tho.

Charles

A very good example of keeping it together when things go horribly wrong. Definate change of port gear leg and flight suit needed 'tho.

The pilot was having engine trouble. Increasing throttle made it worse, so he had very little to no power. The gear fix was pretty straightforward. But the prop struck the ground, so the prop will likely need replacing and aside from the other engine issues, the prop strike will certainly add to that.

The pilot should've make a wheeler instead of a three pointer. This is my policy when I make a landing in a unfamiliar type of taildragger airplane.

I was there when that happened. I noticed during the Mustang tail-chase sequence that preceeded this landing incident, that Miss Helen was the only '51 out of the four flying that had her rear radiator flap fully down for the duration.

After the 'landing', she was laid up outside for a number of weeks before being moved. I'm assuming she went into the TFC hangar for repairs. I did have some close ups of the bent gear, but lost them when my old pc went t*ts up.

The good thing was, that pilot did exactly the right things to reduce damage to an absolute minimum considering his options at the time. I'd let him fly any of my planes.....if I had any !.

Respect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back